Changing FMF Fatty's to Toomey T5's

builtshee

I just got the bike and not sure exactly what the jetting is. I know it has a dune port +6 degree timing, coolhead, just a basic ported 62hp bike. I have the Fatty's on there and want to swap the pipe's to T'5's and want to know what I have to increase or decrease in teh change? Right now the jetting seems to be just about perfect.

It should be pretty darned close. It'd be wise to see what the jetting is at now, but...I'd say you probably will go up a size on the main, maybe tune the air screw a little...but, it should be close enough to run and look at the plugs to see where you need to go.

I'd say the T5's breath a bit better, so, maybe 1 or 2 up on the main.

• 3 weeks later...

You're too rich, FMF or Toomey on a stock cylinder, (no porting)

Put the needle back in the middle, go down one on the pilot, and put the main at 340....

Your bike will probably run, and run pretty good with that jetting and T5s...but, it'll end up loading up and fouling a plug sooner rather than later....

You're too rich, FMF or Toomey on a stock cylinder, (no porting)

Put the needle back in the middle, go down one on the pilot, and put the main at 340....

Your bike will probably run, and run pretty good with that jetting and T5s...but, it'll end up loading up and fouling a plug sooner rather than later....

Cylinder has porting!! Last season I ran clip in the middle and 27.5 pilot and changed to this half way through the season and it ran great.

On your first post you said you just got the bike, you last post you said you ran it this way....and it ran good last season....I'm confused??

:shrug:

Porting changes everything.... I've heard of drag porting wanting 400 or bigger jets, but...it could want smaller jets too.

I'd still put 340s in, see if it gets better, and check your plugs....