cool head and stator/timing plate

tonyown

Hi

I'm planning to buy a Noss coolhead soon or this winter... I have some question...

First I don't know wich domes I have to buy... with my setup what would you do? I'd like to have some more compression.

second: if i add compression with smaller domes... will the engine be more fragile?

third: anything that you can tell me about coolhead would be apreciated

And for the timing plate/stator

what can you tell me about this... I saw 200w with 10 timing kicky stator on ebay... is that shit or is it good? wich one should I buy? I want some performance

thank ya all

i would go with a cool head with 19-or 20cc domes if your motor is mild,the stator on your stock bike is just fine for running many applications of adding horsepower the only thing i see i higher watt rated stator for is if your running bigger or more lights,the timing plate is a good idea if its adjustable that way when you get your motor ported and running more fuel you can adjust your timing instead of buying woodrow keys that sheer alot. if your seeking performance id go get your motor ported,get your head,and bigger carbs and your timing plate!

Since you mentioned fragile...

Once you start making some power, you're gonna want to have your crank welded for strength and reliability...

Keep in mind, if you go 19 or 20cc domes, you'll probably need to run a mix of race and pump gas, or possibly straight race gas, depending on how much compression you end up with.

Ricky Stator makes good shit, period. However, as 2b said...unless you plan on running more or HUGE Bright lights, stock stator is more than sufficient. Just buy the timing plate for 35 bucks and be done....

Anytime you build your engine, i.e. pipes, carbs, porting, etc., it becomes more fragile than stock, period. However, when done right, you'll be fine with proper maintenance....

What do you have done to your bike right now, is the question...?

right now:

FmF fatty's

Pro design air filter (without the top of the air box)

Boost bottle :baseball_innocent: i just installed it everyone say that's shit but I don't have problem with for now... maybe will it crack the boots? I'll maybe uninstall it soon

Wiseco pro lites pistons std bore

I'd like to add: Noss cool head with probably 20 cc (is 21 cc stock?), Vforce 3 reed valve, timing plate

But i'd like to run the stock fuel pump with normal fuel... is it possible?

I'll probably have to add octane in the fuel cuz the best fuel we got here (quebec/canada) as 91 octane level...

The first reason to change the head is that I saw a little hole (not very important it runs well) next to the left dome in my stock head and then I want get a new one with more power

NOt a great deal....

Until you get porting and other mods done, in my opinion, reeds later....NOSS head first.

22cc is stock. Octane boost is a pain. Just get 21cc domes and you should be fine...

Save your money for reeds until you get more work done...

ok... so my next mod is noss coolhead with 21cc domes... will my 91 octane fuel be ok? will I have some more power that I can see? or is it a little power? after this mod what should I do for more power? do I have to change my fmf fatty's for t5s ? It's my first shee and I'd like to make some race soon.

You'll notice a little bump in bottom end and performance by getting an advanced timing plate and 21 cc domes. I'd say you'll be safe with 91 pump gas.

When you purchase it from Dave Noss, ask him... You can PM him here @ DLNOSS.

Fattys are fine....

You've done the cheap bolt ons after this...

Next will be porting then carbs. Personally, I'd wait till it needs a fresh top end, but your patience is the key there....up to you.

Porting can range from 250 bucks to 700 or 800, depending on who does it, what kind of port, etc.

Carbs can be had used from 150 to 250, new from about 280 and up...

Whatever you do, get the RS plate, not the billet piece from pro-design.

It's a nice piece, sure...but is it worth paying the extra 65 bucks for a billet part you will NEVER see?

Just call Ricky Stator directly.... By the time you save 4 bucks on ebay, you'll pay more for that shipping it through ebay stores....