banshee runs like shit

digger

ok.. at idle it will only run on one cylinder (i put my hand behind the exaust and the left is very very weak) once revved up a bit it starts to run on both but the left sputters and misses a lot. when i rev the motor between gears it boggs and sputters and sometimes i'll pull the clutch in and it wont rev all the way down, it keeps revving. at wide open throttle it seems to be ok. what could my problem be? i'v cleaned the carbs several times, took the top end apart and everything looked fine, but i honed the cylinders and put new rings and gaskets on, i checked the reeds and they are fine, unplugged the TORS, drained the fuel tank and cleaned the screens on the fuel valve. both sides have the same comression., but it doesnt hold it.. is that normal? someone please help me!! thx.

What do you mean it doesn't hold it? What is your compression? Did you replace the rings when you honed it. Sounds like one side is not healthy. Have had sticky rings in one cyl. before and will run exactly like you explain. But you say you have same compression in both sides....

both sides would read about 90 pounds and the gauge would drop back to zero within about 5 seconds. yes i honed in and replaced the rings at the same time

well a shee should only run on atlesed 100 psi compression so there is yuor problem

when u rev it up the left side catches up wit the right and starts 2 burn the fuel so put a new set of pistons and rings and give it a bore