- swwinger's and a arm's ?

trueraiderfan

Ok guys I have been trying to figure out why you would want to go with a -1 or -2 or anything minus on your swing arm or a arm but i see that several people have those things. I mean that just makes it more unstable right? I was just woundering what the thought is behind that. Thanks for any replies. Dont give me too much crap I am comming from owning an 05 Z400.

The only real way to take advantage of a -2 swinger is to have a +2+1 front end so you're not over the front end all the time..... Alot of guys like the -1 b/c it's more tame than the -2 but you can adjust your wheels basically 1 1/4'' by the chain adjustment..... Basically take a link out of the chain with a -1 and you'll have a -2.... this mod puts your weight over the ass end more for mx/xc situations... It's funny b/c the 'shee is the only machine that actually benefits from a shorter swinger..... You should've seen some of the looks people gave me when they seen the -2....

Mike

negative arms are for drag and a negative swinger is for mx.. and the raiders still suck :flamewar:

yaya so do the chargers hehe

The only real way to take advantage of a -2 swinger is to have a +2+1 front end so you're not over the front end all the time..... Alot of guys like the -1 b/c it's more tame than the -2 but you can adjust your wheels basically 1 1/4'' by the chain adjustment..... Basically take a link out of the chain with a -1 and you'll have a -2.... this mod puts your weight over the ass end more for mx/xc situations... It's funny b/c the 'shee is the only machine that actually benefits from a shorter swinger..... You should've seen some of the looks people gave me when they seen the -2....

Mike

Ok i gotcha now. but i think i'll go with the plus 1 or 2 set up.