I bought an 06

Well, this past saturday I went to the stealership and signed the next two years of my life away. I bought the LE black banshee. They had it running and when they put it in my truck I noticed a small amount of gas leaking out of it. I showed the guy and he took it back so they could look at it. He suspected the floats where sticking. Two hours later im still sitting there and I finally go and ask wtf is going on. The guy said that the carbs were gummed up. He said that the factory puts some type of coating in them or something and it can cause them to malfunction if they put to much in. Now does this sound like a BS story or does it sound legit? They fixed it today and are delivering it to my house tomorrow. But im still curious as to what you guys think about this. I bought it from the largest dealer in the western US and they are a pretty reputable dealer.

that shit is called cosmoline (sp?) and i fucking hate it. they (the OEM's) spray down the bikes with it to prevent rusting on the freighter as they cross the ocean. they also coat the inside of the gas tank, which runs into the carbs. the best thing to do is drain a few ounces of gas before you going trying to fire a machine over. it looks like they forgot that step.

ive seen honda use it so liberaly on their CRF's that you can open the drain screw and the oil will pour out into a puddle 2' wide on the shop floor. that stuff suuuuuucks.

sorry for the rant, i just deal with it on a daily basis. :angry: