New pistons, dont want 2 break on startup

I bought my 99 shee for $500 and it was a basket case. For a while it would pop start and run but was low on compression and was never running the way it should be (1st time banshee owner so i really have no idea how it should run) and it melted a piston. I just swapped my cracked case for a good one, installed all new seals and new wiseco forged pistons into the fresh bored cylinders and am preparing to start it up for the first time and i dotn want it to melt the pistons again when it starts up. I guessed that the one cylinder melted a piston by the exhaust port because of an air leak in the intake manifold. There is a crack running around the back side of the port were the boost bottle feeds in to the intake but it doesnt appear to have gone all the way through. I have heard that boost bottles will cause this but will it create pin hole leaks that wounldnt be visible? I have ordered a used set of intakes and stock crossover tube off of ebay that supposedly came off a running bike. I believe it would be wise to do a crankcase leakdown test but does anyone have an idea where to buy the rubber plugs to seal it up? Also I live in MD which is at sea-level (temp now is between high 50's and low 70's) and i wanna make sure the jets arent to lean for the new motor and break in running 16:1 yamalube. My mods include proflow airbox adapter for a uni-filter, FMF fatty gold series with FMF silencers (freshly repacked), the air filter lid has had a large section that covers the majority of it cut out and replaced with mesh. It has 260 mains in it now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS- the pistons are .030 or 64.75mm

Edited by mybanshees2fast4u

Do a search on Ebay for a leakdown tester. There is someone that sells them for a fair price shipped. I can tell you from experience that 260's are too lean and will cause a meltdown. I know it is what their website suggests, but trust me, too lean. Try running 320's, lower the clip on your needles one notch, and some 27.5 pilots. This is where mine ran best, and at worst you may be a hair rich.

His advice on the leakdown tester is priceless...get one, or you'll be back soon with the same problems.

I think 320s are too fat for running an airbox, but you most definately will be safe.

There is no need to run your oil at 16:1...

Make sure you have a thin, thin coat of two stroke oil or WD40 on the cylinders when assembling it. Give the crank and bearings a quick squirt of oil too when assembling.

Run the oil at the ratio you plan on running. Rich jetting AND rich premix could cause you some grief!!