Crank case seal issues Which way does it go?

I ordered a K&S oil seal kit for the bottom end and i am working on getting it back to gether but what way does the left side crank seal go in? My cylmer manual says that the seal should have a green mark the side that goes away from the crank and the side with the manufacturing marks goes against the crank. Unfortunately, there is manufac. marks on both sides and no green mark. Although the seal looks like it can go in either way i wanna be positive because that left side leaned out and melted a piston, so i dotn wanna wreck my brand new top end. It must go in a specific way because the manual wouldnt explain the green side out if the sides didnt matter right? Please Help i hope my crude diagram helps explain what i am talking about, ANY HELP IS GOOD HELP THANK YOU! :blink::blink:bangheadbanghead

are your cases split? I dont know for sure but I think thats the only way to put the crank seals in correctly and without damageing them, cause they have this little lip thing in the center of the seal and grooves in the cases where they set. I have just got done spliting the cases on both of my banshee's. just the other day my main banshee blew out the big end rod bearing while in 6th gear and I swear, I've never seen a bigger fucking gom' in all my life :shootself: . and my other banshee I just bought for a project, it needed new crank bearings and seals and the clutch side seal had the ass chewed off cause it looked like the previous owner didnt put it in right and the gear chewed it up.

but as for putting the seals in backwards, I didnt know which way either so I tried both ways to see if it fit or sealed differently, but either way looked like it would work fine. and BTW I used all balls bearings and seals.