Jetting Issues

I bought my shee from NJ and i live in maryland. I have the motor apart because it melted a piston (i think an air leak caused it to lean out but i am not sure). Maryland is at sea level, i am running full fmf system, a uni filter and proform plate, 24:1 premix with yamalube, and the main jets that are in it now are 260. I think i need to set up but to what size. It is about 65-80 degreess now and summer is coming up and it will get up to 100 somedays. Since the main jets are different than stock i m guessing it has been jetted b4, so should i just buy individual jets or what kit should i buy. Please Help

I bought my shee from NJ and i live in maryland.  I have the motor apart because it melted a piston (i think an air leak caused it to lean out but i am not sure).  Maryland is at sea level, i am running full fmf system, a uni filter and proform plate, 24:1 premix with yamalube, and the main jets that are in it now are 260.  I think i need to set up but to what size.  It is about 65-80 degreess now and summer is coming up and it will get up to 100 somedays.  Since the main jets are different than stock i m guessing it has been jetted b4, so should i just buy individual jets or what kit should i buy. Please Help

511777[/snapback]

Try some 300 main jets if you have the lid on. Take the lid off and try some 330's or 320's. 260's are what fmf usually includes with their pipes.

:cheers: