Contact lenses and riding

Right now I have the gas permiable rigid contacts. Ive been using them for years because they last a long time so I save $$, but Im suspicious that they arnt good for riding. If I get any dirt in my eyes, it really bugs them. So I think I might try the soft contacts. Does anyone have experience with the soft conacts and riding? Are they as sensitive to dirt? Im sure Im not the only one with bad eyesight that rides! Thanks!

I have had contacs of every every description on the market. I have rode with all of them & by far the most comfortable & least amount of irritation for me is with the daily wear throw away type. I wear either goggles or sunglasses & my helmet.

:whoa: You should be fine, you wouldn't want to ride bare eyed anyway, contacts or not.

Hmmm, then get some glasses to ride in intead of contacts. You probably just have sensitive eyes. Don't worry, it's ok to be sensitive.

511539[/snapback]

That thought crossed my mind, but I never have trouble with my eyes when they are out. :confused: I wish Lasik wasnt so expensive. darn eyes! :P

soft throw aways here... i think any contacs will be a little more sensitive to dirt/dust than not wearing any. maybe you need a better pair of goggles. mine don't bother me when riding with my goggles on. but they sure do suck without goggles. :cry:

googles and sqint your eyes. lol

it sucks thats bout the best one can do unless you get all fancy with some extra foam around your googles.

i always carry contact solution in my truck to its there to get asap.

laysic (sp) is being planned in the next couple of yrs