harley davidson works shocks on a banshee...

Stomp77

I've got my eye on some works shocks for a harley davidson superglide. They meaure 14.5 inches eye to eye. My buddy wants 60 bucks for them and they are hardly even scratched. The chrome looks great, brain like shiny!!!! I am worried tho about how much travel the internals of the harley shock would have??? I know the banshee shock has around 9.1 inches of travel. The harley shock, i just don't know about, i am guessing that it has less travel, along with a very stiff spring rate and very smooth valving for a great ride under load. my friends superglide weighs around six hundred pounds without a rider! Throw two fat ass fast food guzzling porkers on there and the stock shocks for his harley would groan, but only a little, :lol: i realize on a banshee with a full tank of gas and after eating a large pizza i might just top 500pd so it is gonna prolly be a stiff ride, Kurt, my friend has two sets of shocks for sale, his stock harley shocks which are the same length and just as shiny for 20 bucks. I was going to buy them and try them first, but someone else wants the works shocks and he needs to sell them now, he just called and offered me first dibs. I am thinking i can get the works then get them revalved to make them softer, also the works shocks have pre-load and compression adjusters, and the stock ones only have preload. Both will physically work on stock banshee arms , (i think), the stock harley shocks, or the works ones, I think the works were pretty pricey? I've heard they are not so great comapred to others. Tcs aixs, ect... :shrugani: .02 cents anyone?

I wouldnt. The banshee shock does not have 9.1 inches of travel, the wheel does, totally different animal. And by the time you hvae them revavled and resprung it may not be worth it. PLus yuod need to check clearances, makes sure it doesnt hit the arm or tire or something during a full suspension cycle.