Suspension Overhaul

watkins

Easter is gonna be my last trip for a few months so I was going to tear the bike down, ship the motor off to Passion to do a 12port stroker. While I have it somewhat apart I figured I may as well powder coat the frame and since im doing that may as well overhaul the suspension as well.

Soo.....

Ride the dunes and open desert (very seldom hit tight trails, but I do from time to time)

Basically thinking of getting some Elka's with piggy backs on the front and just rebuild the rear shock. Any thoughts?

Also want to go ahead and get some different a-arms and a new swinger. Thinking of Quicksand for both but I heard Sanddragon makes some great stuff as well. Any recommendations? I think +2 +1 Arms should work out nice with a +4 swinger (with the engine mods coming I think less would be suicide).

Any input would be great. Not too concerned about the price, however I dont want to go too far overboard. So the less i spend the better. Thinking $2200 should do it.

What you all think? The shee is gonna be a totally different machine next season.

Sounds like you got the right idea.. I highly reccomend quicksand arms.. that sanddragon seems like a shady place... I like to run a remote rezzy in case I roll over and clip something... rather replace a 25$ hose than a 300$ shock...

My QSM chrome arms with chrome uppers were 565$ to the door.... A rear rebuld is 450$ if your going this far.. why not just get a whole new unit? Especially since you said money isn't that big of and object... Are you dead set on elka?

Mike

shane on here

can rebuild your stock one for what ever you want and riding type for about 385 with spring adn shipping.

he did mine and its a hell lot better might give him a try.

you can do a search for him and get his phone.

got it for you

CALL SHANE FOR SHOCK SERVICE (219) 313-1424 Call Shane if you have suspension questions or problems.

Edited by wesw

Hey Wes! I'm happy to hear you like the shock we did for you!

Watkins,

Here is a list of options and prices of what we can do for you.

LSR (chrome) swinger $795. (Yes, it is complete with everything)

LSR (chrome) rec. arms $650.

Laegers +2 dune arms $565.

Leagers swingarm is $985. (complete with everything needed and in any length)

Rear shock rebuild $395.

TCS front shocks (compression adjustable) $875.

ELKA (non-res dune edition) $450.

We'll pick up the shipping on anything you order.

Shane

www.wolfpackracing.com