Single Carb Help

dsaint77

I just bought a banshee that runs pretty well. It is bored out to a 370 and has t-5 and single carb kit. when the powerband hit it hits hard and will either spin out of lift the tires off the ground and try and flip you over backwards in 3- 6th gear.

now from idle till high rpms in first and second its pretty lame. I am not sure on a few things but let me tell you as much as I can.

pj 35mm keihin carb and it is running a 168 main, the pilot has no number and you cant read the number on the needle with a magnifying glass, the needle clip is located in the highest position. (clip is farthest away from the point on the needle)

Now I would like throw away the jets, needle and just start over with things that I know and can adjust.

can anyone here recommend which needle and pilot to use?

Also it fouls plugs and I am running 32:1 yamalube.

the compression is 130 and 128

any help would greatly be appreciated.

Adam

The CEK needle works good too. Might help a little to know what you have for pipes. On my setup, to have the needle set like yours, there would have to be something out of whack with the jets. Get some new plugs and do some plug chops at different throttle openings. I'll have to look up what I'm running, brainfart can't remember offhand.

Something just doesn't seem right with your plugs foul'n out with that main(you should be lean). I'm running 180main, 48pilot, middle for clip setting, 1-1/2 out on air screw, and I'm at 500-1000 ft for elevation. Disregard my last post about your pipes, I just saw you have t-5's. I'm guessing that your pilot might be way off if your having trouble from idle up till the power band. The T-5's are great pipes, they offer good low end considering the great top end that they have. Do a search and you will see what I mean about your main jet being lean. When you go back into the carb, check your float height also.