Race Gas

banshee350twin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

:flamewar:

serously?????? ... lol ive always thought that 2 strokes love leaded fuel .... hmmm time to go to school on this one .. im runnin leaded torco mach112 LOL i dont wanna go boom :shrugani:

I'm sorry... It's been a while since I read up on that.. it's actually oxygenated fuels... and yes.. it builts up deposits... basically oxidises your motor...

Mike

Leaded fuel will make the eng run longer Dope.......it lubracates when the eng gets real hot .....

Here Sunoco 110 octane is $3.99/gallon

:baseball_bat: 6.75 in reading PA

Man you guys are getting raped for race gas! Now I'm not comapring to the AV Gas price because it's much lower, but also in octane too. I run Trick 116, and I pay $5.45/gallon when you buy it by the drum. $5.85 if you want it pumped in quantities smaller. But $12+/gallon for 5 gallons!! And, not to beat a dead horse, but like some have said, high octane fuel does not increase the power of an engine by itself. It enables you to do other mods (ie. timing, compression) that you would not be capable of doing/having your engine survive if you did not have the added octane (resistance to pre-ignition).