TCS Rear Rebuild

Justintoxicated

I really liked it at first, made a world of difference with my +2 swingarm.

But a year later and the shock needs to be rebuilt again. I really didn't even ride it THAT much since I don't do any riding in the summer at all, and most of this year I have not been able to jump due to a problem with front arm compatability. It definately has less than 20 dune trips on it. I have the dampening maxed out right now it won't stiffen up at all.

Every trip I went out it would get softer and softer untill it felt compleatly sloppy.

I just talked to TCS and they tell me they need to be rebuilt every 6 months and that I need to come up with another 100. They say it is normal wear and tear. I have other friends who have not had to rebuild their rears after revalve/respring in years! $200 a year in rebuilds (meaning time down) seems a bit excessive.

I swear every trip it got softer and softer I had to re-adjust it. :unsure:

Is this going to be true no matter who valves my shock? I won't be sending it back to TCS for sure now, but might consider switching to an elka rear if it will last longer than a season. :yank:

Anyone else have any experiences with rebuilt shocks?

RNBRAD, I hade everything done at one time.

Ya I checked my weight, and I'm within 5 lbs of what I was last season. Although probably not as much muscle weight thanks to the desk job lol.

I eve figured in a couple extra lbs for the battery since it is under where I sit. I had it valved for 190 and I'm 180 +5 still under 190 lbs...

The preload and rebound are still fine but the dampening seems way off. Like I said I have it adjusted Stiff as possible.

I tried other settings and it is not as comfortable and bottems out often. I can still bottem it out, after this season (couple more trips hopefully) It will be in dire need of a rebuild.

Justin, Todd is very busy as usual, if he can not help you out get in touch with Joe at http://www.atvsuspensiontech.com tell him I sent you, explain your issue and see what he / they can do for you. Joe is TCS's single largest distributor and has the ability to make things happen. And yes your shock need to be serviced once a season MINIMUM. Let me know if there is anything I can do.