AC nerfs

Hey guys i just bought these ac nerfs propegs with heel guards and having a bitch of a time getting them on .I got the black round peg on but i dont know how to atach them up front where they run under the exhaust they say there suppose to attatch to the front upper motor mount to the frame but this is the part i cant figure out i loosen the nut on the inside of the upper most mount and then there is like a stud how do i get this out to instal the bolt and washeres and nut in this hole this suck i NEED to go riding but i cant figure out how to instale the front part of these nerfs >>>PLEASE HELP ME <<< :confused: CHRIS

carports004.jpg

carports003.jpg

carports001.jpg

Do i have to take the whole mount off or somthing fuck i suck shesh and here are the nerfs im hopping to get on today

ac.jpg

Common i really need the help if trying to figure this out since the morning and i want to ride it tonight with the pro pegs on :cry: can i just clamp on to that fuckin stud and twister out or drill it out i cant figure it out or should i just leave it in and screw a shorter bolt it from the outside cause there are threads but only a couple of them would this be strong enough to do if i got shorter bolts that screw in all the way to the back of that stud ??? Im just staring at it stumped :huh:

Edited by savage420

here ya go, it should have came with a longer bolt and a nut that you run through the engine mount with a nut on the other side to tighten down the nerfs, heres a pic of mine

ProPegandShocks019bhq.jpg

i think i had to pull both pipes when i put em on, u may not have to?

instead of runnin the bolt from the outside in like i did, run it from the inside out, that way you only gotta loosen one nut to get the bars off, i didnt think bout that at the time, hopefully this helps

here ya go, it should have came with a longer bolt and a nut that you run through the engine mount with a nut on the other side to tighten down the nerfs, heres a pic of mine

ProPegandShocks019bhq.jpg

i think i had to pull both pipes when i put em on, u may not have to?

instead of runnin the bolt from the outside in like i did, run it from the inside out, that way you only gotta loosen one nut to get the bars off, i didnt think bout that at the time, hopefully this helps

485782[/snapback]

How did ya get the bolt in there was there anything in there before like a stud and nut holding it on or a bolt you had to take out?gez this sucks :cry:

Ok got it but had lo lossen my exaust to get it in and also before i drill do i leave everything REALLY loose or kind of loose or leave the front snug and back loose or vise vesa ?

thanx inadvance

chris

drill what?

485815[/snapback]

You are sopost to drill a 3/8 hole trou the peg into the black peg then out the bottom then put the supplyed bolt washer and nut on ...You didnt do this ?ya got a pic of how yopurs are botled or mounted?

heres what i did, no drilling, i bolted up the black pegs with my existing peg bolts, then i slipped the actual nerfs over the black pegs, the hole should line up with the motor mounts then, simply remove the existin upper bolt on the motor mount, then screw the longer one, which should be supplied in, screw it in from the inside or the outside, doesnt matter, it will thread in either way, if i were you, id trhead it in from the inside of the frame out bc it will be easier to remove the nerfs later,

once you get it threaded in slilde the mounting bracket over the bolt and tighten it with the nut

I didnt have a problem like that with mine.. dont have the heal guard.. but mine the engin bolts would go on fine had it all bolted down but i got to the left side and the damn thing wouldnt line up with the peg, it was like inch-inch 1/2 off.. got it to go on after i used the jack to lif it. AC's never seem to line up right.. but on my old blaster i had DG and had to use aftermarket bolts, after riding it and hittin jumps the damn bolts snaped in half one side then month later the other.. end'd up welding the shit to the frame..

so bacicly your saying that you dindt drill anything when i have the instrutions and a bunch of people at ac racing said to do so .Dosent your peg flop around abit being its not atached anywehre but up front on the motor mounts?

Thanx for you guys help i can lift the bike up with the nerfs and they are "TIGHT" i love em :cheers: