who has best race engines

speed_killz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to each their own. 

i dont think there is one special builder that builds the super bad ass motor for racing.  sure there are many that do very well, but racing is more setup.

you can have 110 hp, but if your setup doesnt get the power to the ground your pissing up a rope.

my advice is do some searching and research.  call them up and remember that everyone one you talk to will say they are the best.  it comes down to more of a personal thing.  does this guy sound like a prick or does he seem pretty cool.

asking on here seems to turn into a pissing match.  you probably get pm saying go here or there.  but you have to do some checking on your own.  IMO

HAVE fun and get some vids of you racing.

475012[/snapback]

well said wes.i have done a lot of drag racing and have seen alot of different builders motors run.some of the fastest motors i've seen run were done by builders that you hardly ever hear mentioned.i would'nt have a motor done by someone just because they have a name thats posted every where you look.i also would'nt get one from a builder that sent me a pm without me contacting him first. some only want the all mighty dollar.get some ideas and oppinions here on hq ,get some over at planetsands.check around ,talk to various builders and compare.

It also depends on what you are looking to spend. Some builders build the big engines (10mm-20mm) and can create huge power with them. Others can make your 350 run like a bad out of hell for alot cheaper. Just check around because all the builders mentioned are great builders but find one that will build what you want.

thanz for all the info, im looking for a builder that can build a reliabiale drag motor that will beat everyone, and still be able to go ride the dunes. i'll check out planet sand, thanx for everything.

475545[/snapback]

I don't think you gonna go out & kick everyones ass,then go duning!The FASTEST drag bikes wont even think about running on the trails,whoops,ect.Can't have everything.Good luck though.

True dat Rocket...especially about the cubic dollars.

Not to mention, you can have a fast ass bike...but, if the suspension isn't setup properly, or you flat out can't ride for a shit, what does that matter.

i'm sure there's not a person on this board who hasn't been beaten by a slower bike by a better rider...PERIOD...

Saying I want to have the fastest banshee to beat everyone is like saying I want to have more money than Bill Gates.

It's a good dream....but hardly possible...

Let me know when you find one. I will take two!!! banghead

479474[/snapback]

Patriot Raceing is doing a stock cylinder drag port setup for me now, I was pointed in their direction because their porting is a little smoother as far as drag from bottom to top than a lot of peoples drag ports, but as stated before, you are not going to be able have the best of both worlds. What I am building is a bike that will run strong w/a lot of bikes, but also still duneable. But it will not be the best duner, and it won't be the fastest bike on the strip.

Some other names I haven't heard that build good stuff are Grand River Racing, and Tyson racing(to throw out a little Michigan love).

Some other names I haven't heard that build good stuff are Grand River Racing, and Tyson racing(to throw out a little Michigan love).

479634[/snapback]

I will 2nd that (more MI love...:) )...

Anybody into drag racing banshees knows about GRR...

Tyson has a very reputable name, and A&S out of MI builds very fast bikes, too.

Patriot Raceing is doing a stock cylinder drag port setup for me now, I was pointed in their direction because their porting is a little smoother as far as drag from bottom to top than a lot of peoples drag ports, but as stated before, you are not going to be able have the best of both worlds.  What I am building is a bike that will run strong w/a lot of bikes, but also still duneable.  But it will not be the best duner, and it won't be the fastest bike on the strip.

479634[/snapback]

i tried building a bike to do both. It doesn't work out all that well. So I just built to instead. One for duning and one for hillshooting :D

All depends on how serious you want to drag race....

You can build a pretty darned fast dune quad which will beat most of the bikes out there....

I'm building a 4 mil cub for just that. I plan on trailing about 40% of the time, duning 20% of the time...and play drag racing with friends the rest (mostly sand strips or dune racing)

I know I'll have the fast bike of my bunch...but, I also know I can go to Silver lake and they'll be a good handful of quads that'll hand it to me all day long.

However...those same guys would have their hands full in a trails. +12 swingarms and 90 to 120 HP aren't very trail friendly....:)

Drag porting is fast, darned fast...but you normally end up with about 1800 to 2500 RPM of usable power....and a lot of it. It's like turning on a light switch with a rubber band...you just never know.

I'm hoping to have about 3500 to 4000 worth of usable power....