Prayers Please

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But on a possitive note Dawn has been breathing on her own, so no more respirator. And she is moving alot. Things are really starting to look up for her.

465153[/snapback]

Word :clap: .

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS

God. And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. 1John

Just an update for those who would like to know. This week Dawn had to have a couple of plates screwed to her jaw because it was broken. The procedure went well, but kind of set her back a little. She is once again off the pain meds.

Today we got quite a surprise when she opened her right eye for about 2 mins. She didnt make eye contact, but still she opened it. Also when the nurses are washing her hair they can feel her trying to lift her head.

Thanks again everyone.

David, I didnt forget your CD, just been real busy. I will try to get it out this next week. I hope you enjoy it.

I will pray for Dawn and all the loved one's that care about her, Some times GOD has a reason for the tragic thing's that happen in our live's...

But remmember that GOD will never give up on us, for he gave his only begotten son " Jesus Christ " who died on the cross for our sin's.

May the Lord and his Son be with you all during your time of pain. May the Lord give you all strength and be by her bed side and comfort her during this time of Dawn's life to recover from the accident.

God Bless,

Olie

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update. Things the last couple days have been very good. Friday they took her out of ICU, yesterday Dawn was moved to CMH, the hospital where she works, I went to see her yesterday afternoon. When I got there her eyes were atleast half way open & when I talked to her, she looked @ me. Today my son Guy took her flowers & some candy hearts. He would lick the hearts then rub them on Dawn's lips, she would then lick her lips and wait with her mouth open for another taste. I didnt get to see that because by the time I got there she was real tired.

We also got word from the doctor that her latest MRI looks very promising.

Once again I would like to thank everyone for the support & prayers.

I cant than all of you enough for your support.

This post is going to be a little long so please bear with me.

I am sure none of you know my son Guy (Dawn's Fiance). He has a Blues Band, Guymartin.com is the website. 1 of his most frequent venues is the Ventura Theater. He has opened for Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Slash & his Blues Band, BB King, Jeff Healy and I am sure many others that I cant remember right now. He has also played his rendition of the Star Spangle Banner @ the Staple Center for a Clipper & Miami Heat game @ has played the House of Blues. He is kind of a celebrity here in our lil town.

Now the Ventura Theater has offered their venue for a fund raising concert for Dawn. The 1st 100 tickets go to the house, the rest go to Dawn,s Trust Fund. The place holds 1100 people, we have a chance to raise a couple bucks to help this sweet young lady out. The concert will be held the eve of March 11th. It will be GMG(Guy Martin Group) Members of Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy(maybe the whole band) & we dont know who else @ this point. What I ask of you, is anyone that plans to attend this concert please purchase your tickets from me because I want to personally thank each & everyone of you for your help. Tickets bought @ the door are still good but I as well as the family want to acknolege your help. You can contact me @ 805-479-6319. Please help us make this a night to remember. The entertainment will be awesome.

Thanks again Craig

I know most of you are back east, but if anyone is from the Central Coast of Ca and want to have a good time, I promise THE HOUSE WILL BE ROCKIN this nite.

Edited by OutOfControl

i hope everyone stays strong , very good news to hear she is making some progress . although i know nothing of medical terms , i can just say that i hope everything turns for the best . i know prolly alot of people have read this thread and have had nothing to say , mainly because it can be very touchy sometimes i guess . but im sure that they didnt just blow it off . she`ll definetly be in my thoughts and prayers . (by the way , guy martin is a very talented guitarist from what i heard off his site ;) )

Edited by MudSlinger09

hi just wanted to let you know that when i first read your forum i bowed my head twards the key board and said a prayer for dawn and your family but didnt report new post.i will say another prayer now and hope the best for her and your family.stay strong and with her in all our prayers we can help dawn pull threw this important time in you and your familys hard time.GOD BLESS