reed spacer with C.V 35mm single carb ?

cOoLDeviL

i know that the reed spacer is waste of money on dual carbs and no power gains in no wear . but the single carb have more low end power with less power on top so can i fix this problem by adding reed spacer between the carb boot and the reeds to add more length to the track to help the top end revs ?

If you're using a trinity intake then I'd say its worth trying. I've always thought that trinity made their 2:1 too short and overly complex. Its probably port tuned to about 150 rpms! I'm running a graydon style manifold that I made myself. I think its a better design but since Graydon went out of business the only place to get em is ebay.

I have the single 35 from trinity and i put the spacers before the reed's and it realy flatend my powerband out. It used to kick in to hard and when i put the spacers in it was a huge improvment. now i have alot more low end and can cruse in second gear following a slow 4 stroke, and power through the gear without having to dump the clutch or down shift.

Someone told me if you put the spacers on the carb side of the reed you will gain ontop, but probably loose on the bottom. I havent tried it yet because about a week after i put the spacers in i had a piston skirt failure.

and it is still on the bench.

Good luck and please post the results after you have tried them.

:cheers: