Tach ?

milo_32000

i bought mine out of dennis kirk but the motorcycle edition i think it may be in the off road edition as well. the brand is Tiny Tach and i have a ground wire that i bolt to my pipe bracket and then there is a wire you have to wrap around one of the spark plug wires i am pretty sure it says 4 or 5 times then i used an old clutch perch to mount mine to the handlebars. It works pretty well and it is also an hour meter. it doesn't have a recall or a back light but it was only like 45 dollars. and it goes to 9999rpm.

here is a pic of mine

http://www.denniskirk.com/denniskirk/b2c/p...pix/t226r1c.jpg

Edited by trex banshee

The tiny tach will give you a tach reading and is easy to wire, just like previously mentioned, but I think it gives a reading every second, which you are already through the gear by the time it reads that the rpms are rising! Handy if you are tying to see what it is taching when holding wide open, but not usefull othewise. I have a digatron gauge, which not only reads quick, but you can set lights to blink at you at whatever rpms you want, along w/reading egts, water temps, and mph. Very handy, especially when you download the info on the computer and check your progress. They are a little more costly than a tiny tach (more like 10 of them). If you wanted to find one used, dial yours in then sell it as used you may break even or make a buck or two AND have your banshee all dialed in. (Spending that kind of money, I don't think you'd want to get it muddy!) It taps into your stator wire, and reads pulses/rev, not from the spark plug pulses like some other tachs might. So far my gauge has SAVED me money and time by keeping me from running too lean, or running too hot. Helped me dial in my jets, and helped me get the cylinders running equal. Sorry about babbling about the digatron gauge, but it is the best tuning tool I've ever spent money on. :cheers:

Edited by snowprophet1

yes you are correct it does read rpms like every second and that digitron sounds really kickass but like you said it costs way more. i just got mostly for the hour meter and to see how hard it would turn but if i had the money i would buy the same thing you have sounds really handy.

DAMN!!! 600 bucks i know of a few other things i could spend 600 dollars on but i gues if ya got the extra money. the only down fall i see is its just so big, but it does have a good look to it. my tach is like 3 inches long and 2 inches wide.

Edited by trex banshee

A bit spendy. I got two of these when I bought a set of jaws pipes for my sled. So I drilled my shee pipes and put one on the sled and one on the shee. 4 exhaust temps, water temp, speed, all kinds of more inputs and outputs like shift light. To each there own I like it!!