New guy here

Danno

Hey everyone

Names Dan

in the Coast Guard and from Oregon. but right now working in Ca.

sold my Banshee a few years back but never lost the bug, infact thinking about finding another one soon for a project.

my last bike was a 1989 with a trinity built 420 that was just a dune machine not much else and I would like to build another one for all out power but on a much differnt scale.

OK here is my project idea. find a rolling banshee any year dosent realy matter to me and shovel in a Carbed or injected R1 engine. that should cure my crave for HP on the dunes for good.

have any of you guys here dont such a task? There was a gentleman in Reedsport Or that had a WARRIOR with a 600 4cly and that thing ripped.

and would like to get some info on what problems they incounterd with having to mod the frame to fit the wider engine.

thanks in advance.

Dan. B)

welcome to the site. the r1 thing, its been done but it takes a load of fab work. have you ever ridden an r1 before? that quad will be for drag racing only. if you want a duner youd probably be better off just getting a cub set up. but if you just wanna drag then id say start trying to find a roller and an r1 engine.

welcome to the site. the r1 thing, its been done but it takes a load of fab work. have you ever ridden an r1 before?  that quad will be for drag racing only.  if you want a duner youd probably be better off just getting a cub set up.  but if you just wanna drag then id say start trying to find a roller and an r1 engine.

454160[/snapback]

Yup I have ridden R1 before I currently ride a 03 Kawi Z1000

Cub? I dont think I have ever heard that term before. single piston mabey?

well anyway's the big bore 4cly thing is not set in stone I just want the big bore power to pull anything with enough trq to rip down the drag stip and kill anything in my path. :headbang:

here is my 2wheeled monster.

good thing youve ridden an r1 and know what it can do. but you also have to realize the banshee frame is a lot lighter than an r1 frame. nice z too. my bro just got a z1000 too. the cub setup will make a shitload of horsepower if you set it up right. you can go all the way up to a 10mm too. most people just go with the 4mm for all around duning. you can get 100hp out of the 4mm kit so you can only imagine what you can get out of the 7mm or 10mm. I can understand wanting the torque and if you set your cubs up right you can make enough. 2 strokes arent known for their torque though. 2 strokes are for having fun and hitting powerbands and thrill rides. http://www.ohtonracing.com/bansheeproducts.htm

scroll down and the cub setups are down there. theyre a good choice for duning.

Edited by iceman