Splash Shield

Nitmare67

I jetted up my carburetors but had to stop in the middle of the project. I now realize i didnt put the splash shield back in one of the carbs. This same carburetor also has gas running out of the hoses that come off from above the bowl. I think they are vent hoses. Fuel is leaking from there. Is this because of the splash shield or do i just have something probley in the needle and seat? Do I need that splash shield, and what is its purpose?

I jetted up my carburetors but had to stop in the middle of the project. I now realize i didnt put the splash shield back in one of the carbs. This same carburetor also has gas running out of the hoses that come off from above the bowl. I think they are vent hoses. Fuel is leaking from there. Is this because of the splash shield or do i just have something probley in the needle and seat? Do I need that splash shield, and what is its purpose?

449884[/snapback]

You don't need it, it just helps prevent fuel from splashing back and forth past the main jet, helps prevent any air bubbles from passing into it.