Play Racing

rjvoight

DRAG RACE, DRAG RACE, DRAG RACE, DRAG RACE (I am not yelling :D )

Does anybody else "race" the banshee in anything other than a drag race? I know the shee is not a mx racer but as a dune bike it is really competative. I have drag raced and hill climbed with mine and had moderate success against a variety of rides. The group I ride with also sets up small "mini-moto / mini-enduro" races on the dunes. I have had moderate success there as well. I know its for fun but the rides get pretty darn competative. I put my shee up against Raptors, YFZ's, TRX's, 250Rs, ATC250r's blasters, 400EX's and anything else that rolls into camp and we win all the time.

I've nver seen a post that says "like, I was riding against a bunch of my buddies on this whooped out trail with high banks and a bunch of switch backs that opens into a wide open flat, drops into a series of tree shots, then up a dune and off a bunch of 4' knive edges. I was doing really well except for the switchbacks, any advice on how to get through those quicker?" Just curious, the banshee is so much more than a drag bike.

Sorry bout the rant.....but I feel better!! :cheers:

RJV

hell yeah, I race the district harescramble series. Ill tell ya though, the banshee is a mean mofo to handle in the woods. I still have the stock swingarm on it though,I need to get a shorter one, got some elkas to, there nice.

But hey,out of all the guys I race with Im the only one with a banshee.I too have raced the 4-stroke as my wife owns a z-400. I must say I do feel alot better after being on the Z after a long hot race through the woods.... :flush:

Just go freakin ride!!!!!!!!!

On a group ride we won't exactly race through the dunes when we ride since thats a good was to end up eating shit, but we do try to keep up with the leader as best we can.

Out at St Anthony we used to do that through these trails that were along Egin Lake. We'd be haulin ass through there, but sooner or later we'd end up with a near head on with someone elses group doing the same thing from the other direction.

:shrugani:

I love the Banshee, and it is a great dune machine. I think for play riding it is a lot better and a lot more competative than the magazines for sure and most people give it credit for.

Your right about racing on the trails CEJ. Common sense has to rule. You need to know where you are and who is around. When I say mini, I mean mini. A small area that is open and visible for the most part ( cant see if you drop into the trees). The last thing anybody wants is 2,3, 4 or more Jack Asses racing around on the open dunes or blind cornered trails smashing into innocent riders.

I used the word "race" really loosley. Couple guys and gals riding, plot a make shift course on the fly, burn two or three "laps" and move on. I stress this is for fun! No one is winning a championship or millions of dollars. No alcohol or drugs. Clear heads and short periods of time, not hour upon hour.

I would not tell anyone to go out on the dunes and just race all out with no consideration from one end to the other. If you do then you will end up hurt for sure. I don't want people to think that is how I or my group rides.

On the dunes its all for fun. This post was just a bit of a rant on my part because I was tired of reading about "I just ran a drag race against a YFZ/TRX/Z400/RAPTOR/PREDATOR/CANNONDALE and smoked/got smoked, what should I do?????"

Anyway ride safe and to quote another BHQ Member, " I ride... Just ride... nothing but ride.... ride... ride..."

RJV