Winter Riding

RHINO

My friend is going to be hooking up his 03 LE for some ice action this winter and I'm trying to find what size studs are appropriate/necessary, where would I find carbide ones, and lastly, where would we find some tubes to use in these studded tires.

Also,if you have any recommendations as to the number of studs that he should use in each tire and a pattern,that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. :cheers:

I run woodys 1.2 steel traction eliminatorsthl_30elimTM_1_colch.jpg 72 per tire. Nothing special other that use that smallest drill you can which is a 7mm track drill. Find a good pattern that will balance at speed. I put a layer of carpet between the studs and the tube, and have not had a problem. Magic racing will have tubes for any size tire in stock.

PICT0471.jpg

100_0236.jpg

You can buy a box of 1000 1/2 inch pro gold screw in studs for $99CAD Lots of traction depending on what you're doing. We do river running and lake drags, they work well. 150 in each front and 350 in each rear, no tubes needed. Haven't lost 1 yet. Put a dab of locktight on each one and your good to go. :clap:

420 RACING... Would it be too much trouble to ask for a closeup pic of your tires? I told my friend the info you gave me and he just wants to be sure they're going to be long enough. I'm sure they will be,but he just wants to be positive. They're 1.2" and the tire isn't that thick,so it must leave alot of stud poking out.