How pissed do the looters in N.O. make you

There are alot of people being brought to our area and from the way ive heard pople talking they are not very gratefull for the help they have been given and are trashing the places they are staying.

412338[/snapback]

That's not good. :(

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_< WTF?

Get a clue here people , the Mayor and the Gov. shit the bed on this , they had an evacuation plan and didnt use it.... The FED's are the ones who wanted them to evacuate and the local govt. didnt act on it beacause they had to review their "jurisdiction" on the situation.... banghead

They didnt even have their own national guard activated for christs sake,

that is what they are there for, them the police and fire depts are the first responders for any Louisiana emergencies ! NOT the freakin federal govt and FEMA.

Bush is the ONLY reason people got the govt. assistance when they did , they were getting shit done while the Mayor was on TV panicking and whining like a little bitch about needing help.

Its the same as my house catching on fire and me bitching at the next counties Fire dept. for not getting there soon enough.

Wether they evacuated at first or not, if after 2 days with violence and people dying around you ,if you dont have enough common sense to stand the hell up and walk your ass off the overpass youve got serious problems... if help isnt getting there it is YOUR responsibility to take care of your own , and i cant believe

so many so called MEN sat there while they could have been doing something productive.

The Red Cross and the Salvation Army have recieved more money and donations than they got for 9-11 and the tsunami COMBINED, not to mention the countless communities and churches all over the country helping out and taking in families...

So for all you Bush haters and Race instigators...... suck on that. :shrugani:

One more thing..... General Honore rules.

412371[/snapback]

:clap:

and everything else you said :notworthy:

ill only add this;

who decided to allow residents to stay behind, ignoring the MANDITORY evacuation orders??

the mayor

apparantly the government/state CAN force you to leave. thats what really should have been done, considering their previous knowlege of levee failure potential.

and i cant believe so many so called MEN sat there while they could have been doing something productive.

that was one of my first thoughts too. i know if something like that happened in my area, every able-bodied person would have been out helping to save others or doing whatever they can to help those in need. not sitting around crying the blues with their hand out. that's the problem, it seems most of the 'victims' of NO were the people who are accustomed to getting handouts from everyone thru welfare, etc. or by criminal mischief. the rest had means to evacuate ahead of time. this storm didn't make them into what we've seen on tv, they're just free to be themselves and loot, mug, rape, kill, whatever due to the lack of discipline in force by the authorities. it's not enough to have survived the disaster, they have to take the little bit of 'life' that those people have left and are clinging to. and those ungratefull sons-a-bitches attacking the relief personnel and efforts deserve to be shot down, it's about time they decided to allow it. B)

I thought this was interesting:

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/344065p-293598c.html

Don't blame only feds

Crime rate, inept pols leveled New Orleans before the storm

Let's take a break from the joy of Bush bashing to reveal the dirty little secret of New Orleans: Its local government deserves an F for its planning and response to Katrina. And one other thing: The New Orleans police force would be a joke if it weren't a disgrace.

Yes, I know it's impolitic to say such things while the suffering in the Big Easy is fresh and many cops risked their lives to save others. But now is the time to blow the whistle on the story line being repeated by rote across America: That the federal government ignored New Orleans because most of its residents are black and poor.

That narrative has all the accuracy of a historic novel: it takes two undisputed facts - the feds were slow and New Orleans is largely black and poor - and weaves in pure fiction to make the desired link.

The charge of racism-inspired foot-dragging isn't just nonsense. It's pernicious nonsense, as in destructive and malicious. You know that's a fact because loony Howard Dean, the Democratic Party boss, is now peddling it. He's joined by Jesse Jackson, who said the squalor in New Orleans "looks like the hull of a slave ship." Oh, please.

If even a smidgen of the racism charges are true, President Bush should be shot. But before we give him his blindfold, let's look at New Orleans before Katrina.

Start with crime. That looters ran unchecked after the hurricane isn't surprising when you consider that criminals have had the run of the city for years.

It is a perennial contender for Murder Capital. The 264 homicides last year were a drop of only 11 from 2003 - and the first decline in five years.

New Orleans, with fewer than 500,000 people, had almost half the murders of New York, which had 570 homicides last year in a city of more than 8 million. Put another way, if New York had New Orleans' murder rate, we would have more than 4,200 murders a year.

That the New Orleans police are hardly the Finest was proven by a shocking report yesterday: Nearly a third of New Orleans cops - some 500 of the 1,600 - are now unaccounted for. The department says some quit, but it doesn't know where most of them are.

The top cop, Eddie Compass, has responded by offering all officers paid vacations to Las Vegas and Atlanta. Yes, that's right - he is pulling all cops off the street, even while bodies lie in the open. Never in New York.

Then there's Mayor Ray Nagin, a Democrat, who has blamed everybody but himself. Maybe he has forgotten his plans for dealing with Katrina.

Last July, his office prepared DVDs warning that, if the city ever had to be evacuated, residents were on their own. According toa July 24 article in The Times-Picayune (spotted by the Web's Drudge Report), "Mayor Ray Nagin, local Red Cross Executive Director Kay Wilkins and City Council President Oliver Thomas drive home the word that the city does not have the resources to move out of harm's way an estimated 134,000 people without transportation."

"You're responsible for your safety, and you should be responsible for the person next to you," one official said of the message.

And how's this for preparation? Cops were told not to work on the day Katrina hit, one officer told The New York Times, but "to come in the next day, to save money on their budget."

By all means, let's investigate what went wrong in New Orleans. Let's start in City Hall.

Originally published on September 7, 2005

Another interesting story and partial quote:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110007219

In addition to the plans, local, state and federal officials held a simulated hurricane drill 13 months ago, in which widespread flooding supposedly trapped 300,000 people inside New Orleans. The exercise simulated the evacuation of more than a million residents. The problems identified in the simulation apparently were not solved.
Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE

I saw that the people that won't leave, think the water will just go away.

They have no idea what its going to take to get rid of it, and what will be left behind.

Right now most of that water is so toxic, that its burning peoples skin.

412038[/snapback]

On the news they reckoned it would take at least 80 days to drain the place, fuck livin in a swap for that long, insurance or not id be getting the fuck outta dodge :bolt:

Guest blew duece
Isn't that what they are/were doing in Iraq? Killing looting etc? It seems the US government didn't have any problems sending all the weapons, supplies, and young healthy men and women to stop it over there. And wasn't one of the excuses "we're doing it for the people who have suffered so long and for the women who couldn't wear what they wanted and who couldn't even vote".

Disasters like this are what the government is supposed to plan for. Again it looks like it was caught with it's pants down.

411143[/snapback]

well i think we didnt go to iraq in fifteen minutes notice .........and theres no way you can compare iraq to new orleans, and no the goverment doesnt plan for disaster in your city, your godamm mayor does, whom on friday said "oh its cool we'll be alright" he whos got millions in prepairedness funds and had three fuckin boats(two of which didnt run) and a yard full of busses he didnt move to higher ground, but on tuesday hollered "wheres my aid" and as someone said most of those morons ignored the warning and stayed, and still refuse to go, if i didnt work my ass off for a living id be a fucking derlick too, i dont find that as a valid escuse for being indigent, anyone in there right mind living there should know there in a giant toliet and today could be there last, in iraq they would just walk around and shoot the morons not give them aid........i say knock down the levis and let that peice of shit wash out to sea and be done with it, move all the homeless bums to higher ground.......

Guest blew duece
<_<  WTF?

Get a clue here people , the Mayor and the Gov. shit the bed on this , they had an evacuation plan and didnt use it.... The FED's are the ones who wanted them to evacuate and the local govt. didnt act on it beacause they had to review their "jurisdiction" on the situation.... banghead

They didnt even have their own national guard activated for christs sake,

that is what they are there for, them the police and fire depts are the first responders for any Louisiana emergencies ! NOT the freakin federal govt and FEMA. 

Bush is the ONLY reason people got the govt. assistance when they did , they were getting shit done while the Mayor was on TV panicking and whining like a little bitch about needing help.

Its the same as my house catching on fire and me bitching at the next counties  Fire dept. for not getting there soon enough.

Wether they evacuated at first or not, if after 2 days with violence and people dying around you ,if you dont have enough common sense to stand the hell up and walk your ass off the overpass youve got serious problems... if help isnt getting there it is YOUR responsibility to take care of your own , and i cant believe

so many so called MEN sat there while they could have been doing something productive.

The Red Cross and the Salvation Army have recieved more money and donations than they got for 9-11 and the tsunami  COMBINED, not to mention the countless communities and churches all over the country helping out and taking in families...

So for all you Bush haters and Race instigators...... suck on that. :shrugani:

412371[/snapback]

:clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::cheers:

i say knock down the levis and let that peice of shit wash out to sea and be done with it, move all the homeless bums to higher ground.......

412744[/snapback]

HELL NO you don't buster, put em on those luxurious cruise ships and point em south. Hasta La f&&ckin' Vista sucka

Guest blew duece
HELL NO you don't buster, put em on those luxurious cruise ships and point em south. Hasta La f&&ckin' Vista sucka

412763[/snapback]

fuck that i live in cali......... then them bastards will just jump the fence, and be in my yard........given the choice id rather support them right where they are

Edited by blew duece

Glad to see ya missed me Reb! :headbang:

hmmm? USA today poll : only 13% of people hold Bush responsible for the

cluster F in New Orleans...and thats after a week solid of the media

trying to pin it soley on him. Coincidently aprox 13% of people thought

Bush stole the election too :shootself:

When the facts ALL come out about what the Mayor and Gov. didnt do ,

then you can blame the feds all you want.

if i didnt work my ass off for a living id be a fucking derlick too,

412744[/snapback]

:clap::clap:

I know a few people here that don't work their asses off, they are derelics, and then bitch that they don't have anything while they are sitting on their couches watching tv.

LOL it was the first and LAST time I suggest to someone that maybe they get a 2nd part time job until things smooth out. Guess it wasn't what he wanted to hear. :shootself:

You aint lying about that shit stan :wacko:  :wacko:

413209[/snapback]

LOL this guy I was pretty good friends with at the time would sit on his couch, smoke cigarettes and watch tv while he bitched that he didn't have money to do anything.

Amazing.

Whats even more amazing is when I did suggest that maybe he get a 2nd part time job, he blew up rambling on about how "he didnt have time to do that"

:shrugani:

Thats when I realized, yep...my buddy was a derelict.

That was 2 years ago and I haven't heard from him since. I'm sure he's still sitting in the same place.