leaking oil

I am leaking oil out of the right side of the bottom end. I think it is coming out of where the cover connects to the motor. I am missing 2 screws out of there. Could that be the problem? maybe a gap in there or something? Is there a gasket in there? I need a new screw in plug too, the threads are stripped on mine(plastic). It doesnt look like its coming out of there though... It leaks pretty bad at high rpm's I believe and when it gets hot. It gets all over the right side. What you guys think?

thanks

Ben

if you are talking about the cover on the right side of the engine (brake lever side) then yes there is a gasket in there and the two missing screws would cause the leak. get your self a new gasket and some new screws, pull the kicker off, drain the engine oil and the antifreeze, remove all of the screws and pull the cover off, replace the gasket and reinstall in oposite order. you might have to take the foot peg and the brake lever off to get the cover off, but I can't remember.

good luck and let me know if you need anymore help.