4mm Cubs

KASRacing

Hey Guys, I juss finished assembling the 4mm Cub motor yesterday, i started it and gave it a run and its fast as hell, it has very fast response, and has very good top-end the only thing i didn't like its that it was a litle slow at the Bottom-End but maybe with more tuning and finding a better combination it will lunch out faster.

I ran it with some 35mm carbs, and with the inframe shearer pipes, and some 10 cup with 73 rollout haulers, im kinda happy on how it was running but i think i can get it to run juss a little better, i will be going to the dyno tommorow if I can get some more sets of pipes, i only got some Shearer and Toomey t5's im going to see if i can get a hold of some CPI's and maybe some Rockets to test them out tommorow, if not well im just going to test those 2.

For the carbs i only got some 34mm and the 35mm(the ones on) and some 38mm im going to test those 3.

Today im going to put the 38mm carbs to see if they are better than the 35mm carbs, but i doubt it, ive seen alot of people with 38mm's getting more power but i don't think they going to perform as good as the 34mm's, but well see later on when i get to work on it.

The Set-Up i was using yesterday on my bike was a Lock-Up clutch Kit, PVL Ignition, the 35mm Carbs on Alky, Big Bore Shearer In-Frames, Custom Head, Delta Force 3's and well the 68mm 4mm Cubs out of the box, with a CranksWorks 4mm Stroker, and it was pretty good im juss going to switch the Carbs and Pipes to see if i can get it to run juss a litle bit more better.

Ill try keep u guys informed as soon as i have more info on them, and hopefully tommorow ill have some Dyno results.

I would really appreciate if someone has some info on what dimensions to get on the Haulers, and what kind of Carbs u using on ur 4mm Cub Set-Ups, please, I am looking for some opinions on what i should try to test on the bike to get better bottom end on it.

Thanks, KASRacing

Hey Guys, I juss finished assembling the 4mm Cub motor yesterday, i started it and gave it a run and its fast as hell, it has very fast response, and has very good top-end the only thing i didn't like its that it was a litle slow at the Bottom-End but maybe with more tuning and finding a better combination it will lunch out faster.

I ran it with some 35mm carbs, and with the inframe shearer pipes, and some 10 cup with 73 rollout haulers, im kinda happy on how it was running but i think i can get it to run juss a little better, i will be going to the dyno tommorow if I can get some more sets of pipes, i only got some Shearer and Toomey t5's im going to see if i can get a hold of some CPI's and maybe some Rockets to test them out tommorow, if not well im just going to test those 2.

For the carbs

Edited by Justintoxicated

I think which carbs to go with depend on what you want to do, ive been told no smaller than a 35 for best performance mine if for all around riding not dragging. Triple(southern style racing) likes to run 36's gas and alky, that is what he recomended to me anyway. If I ever go bigger ill have my 35's bore out.

Hey sorry for not being here to report the stuff ive experienced, ive been so busy as a mofo over taking family shopping and been a lil busy at work both at my garage and at my job.

Anyway's first of all i didn't even had time to go to the Dyno, so wasn't able to get the 4mm Cub dynoed, but i did test some stuff at the dunes, I went to some dunes near me and i took the 4mm cub for a ride first i went to hit the dunes and dunned for a while and this thing is bad ass for duning(as it is for Draggin)

Well after duning for like 20 minutes, I started messing with the bike, I tried 2 sets of pipes the shearer Big Bore In frames, and the Small Bore CPI's, and they both seemed to work good, but i think the CPI's might of had a lil more bottom-end than the Shearer's but the Shearers never stop pulling, they got great top-end!!

For the carbs i took the 35mm's out and i put some 38mm's since i was researching and it seems a lot of builders are using 38mm's so i bolted on the 38mm's before i hit the dunes, and I think they do perform better than the 35's.

Then I Dragged the 4mm Cub, and i found myself a OEM cylinder 4mm, and i raced it, it was a blast, at the hole shot I think it beat me by a little(Don't Know Why) but after a couple of feet I passed him and started leaving him in my dust, lol so i think the Cubs do have superior power and are much more faster than the OEM cylinders, i just wished i could if finded me a full grown cheetah, but maybe next time.

Overall the 4mm Cub set-Up is great for an all around bike, is great at Dragging as it is at Duning, u wont be disappointed with these Set-Up, and its not that expensive so if u are looking for serious power and have a short budget get urself some 4 mm Cubs and u will not be Disappointed!!!

The Set-Up i used was

-Motor Specs

-68mm 4mm Cub Cylinders(No Porting) with pistons and head that comes with the kit.

-4mm Cranks Works Crank

-38mm Keihin Alky Carbs

-Big Bore Shearer In-Frames

-Delta Force 3's

-PVL Ignition

-which came juss around 3 grand!!!!

Frame Specs

-+10 3/4 Style Swing Arm

-Stock Length Chromly A-Arms

-LoneStar Axle

-Skat Trak 10 Cup Haulers with a 74+ RO

-Skat Trak front Buffs

-Aluminum Handlebar

-which came juss under 1500!!!

So if U looking to build a bike everything ready to go that's juss an estimate of the money u will be looking on spending, its a lot but its worth it, and if u can search and look for the best prices U can build it for much cheaper, Hope U guys found this fun and learned something, and if any of U guys have any questions please PM me and i will respond ASAP

Now Get Ur Self Some 4 mm Cubs!!!!

KASRacing