what do i do help me please

pimpeinkc

okay, i have 60 over pistons, just installed. switched to t5's from my 6's, put a 2 into 1 with 35 pwk, can't get it to idle for crap, keep fouling plugs, not haveing a great time with it. when it runs up, it seems okay, but fouling plugs and not idleing is going to drive me crazy.

any help would be great. thanks a lot in advance

Edited by pimpeinkc

What is the idling problem, like it's not idling fast enough, like you can't get the speed adjusted? you might have to unscrew the idle screw completely, remove the spring behind it and cut it in half. Then, screw it back in and see if you can get better idle. I've had to do that on several shee's and it seems several others on here have had that problem as well. There doesn't always seem to be enough adjustment in the screw.

Fouling plugs, when? Idling, cruising, full speed? What kind of jets are you running currently?

Definatley sounds like a rich condition. Can you start it w/o the choke on fairly easily.

400590[/snapback]

yeah, i never use the chock. the plugs are dark, i was riding in the trails and going slow most of the time, not hitting the power band much, i think that helped foul them,

What is the idling problem, like it's not idling fast enough, like you can't get the speed adjusted?  you might have to unscrew the idle screw completely, remove the spring behind it and cut it in half.  Then, screw it back in and see if you can get better idle.  I've had to do that on several shee's and it seems several others on here have had that problem as well.  There doesn't always seem to be enough adjustment in the screw.

Fouling plugs, when?  Idling, cruising, full speed?  What kind of jets are you running currently?

400607[/snapback]

i ran it at the dunes and it did good, i think cause i was up in the higher rpms,

i have cut the spring, you told me to do that in a post a while back, now it will idle with out the throutle, but it still dies and i am out of adjustment again.

right now i have a 48 pilot, 180 main and needle on the 3rd clip.... could it be my float or something with the slide its self maybe?...

when i went to the dunes last time, i was getting pissed at it not wanting to idle. i tried all the way up to a 58 pilot and of course it made it bog like hell.

i have put the 42 pilot in it and it still didn't care to idle. i can make some ghetto shit at work and use the adjustment on my throttle to make it idle. i just like the thought of it being right and would like to have it idle with no cable on it at all. if it is possable.

any other ideas about something inside the carb being off. i have had the bowl apart but i have not taken the rest apart. any one know of anything inside the carb other than jets that would cause it not to idle? or something i might have over looked when i did the rebuild?

thanks again banghead

Edited by pimpeinkc