clutch question

I have a 96 shee and resently I have noticed the clutch handle is getting hella hard to pull it and when down shifting the gears clash on like 3rd and 2nd and somtimes difficult shifting. When stopped it has started to lurch forward and want to die unless I pull the clutch handle all the way back to the hadle grip which is really hard to do because of the stiffness. I unhooked the cable from the lever on motor and it is really hard to push with my hand is that normal? Last summer my old cable broke so I replaced it with an aftermarket one and it has worked pretty good until now. Thanks for any help

when you replace your clutch cable from a stretched or broken one the newer one is going to be shorter so you have to change your adjustment on the clutch boss.

i had the same thing happen to me replaced the cable and i couldn't hardly pull in on the lever because the pushrod was screwed in to far for the longer cable.

when you replace your clutch cable from a stretched or broken one the newer one is going to be shorter so you have to change your adjustment on the clutch boss.

i had the same thing happen to me replaced the cable and i couldn't hardly pull in on the lever because the pushrod was screwed in to far for the longer cable.

399649[/snapback]

You are suppose to adjust the clutch without the clutch cable on it. The adjustment on the handle shop adjust out to compensate for the new cable. If not, your clutch is adjusted wrong anyway. You shouldn't have to adjust the clutch internally.

well that is what i thought but mine didn't go enough on the handle.

the only change i did was buy a new cable because my old one was coming undone making it longer.

so when i got a new one it was alot shorter(actually correct lenght) and the clutch was being disengaged all the time or really close to it. so i had to unscrew the pushrod just a little.

mine was out of adjustment alot more than it should have been.