the clutch I put together!

Polish

I have a 2004 banshee.........

I kept the stock basket (Yamaha has proved good tech on it and it works awesome!!!!)

Try some clutches out of a YZ490 instead of replacing them with mods or stock.......and also go with 3 stock springs ...and 3 barnett springs

I recently put a stroker motor in my shee .....so I was forced to go to 6 barnet springs.......

What a difference with YZ 490 clutches there thicker and stronger!!! :notworthy:

Can anyone explain how a clutch will put the power to the ground? :confused:

I hear people trying all kinds of clutches and see such a improvement.I just don't understand how a clutch can do this.

I do know on my shee I seem to have a harder pull in the midrange than WOT.The plugs look great with a chop.I just think I have more wheel spin at WOT than the midrange.

Can anyone explain how a clutch will put the power to the ground? :confused:

I hear people trying all kinds of clutches and see such a improvement.I just don't understand how a clutch can do this.

I do know on my shee I seem to have a harder pull in the midrange than WOT.The plugs look great with a chop.I just think I have more wheel spin at WOT than the midrange.

387109[/snapback]

You aren't "getting" more power from a clutch. You are "putting more to the ground". Its like drag racing cars. The guy with the better clutches and softer slicks is going to put more power to the ground (most times). That is in all actuality what racing is. The more torque you and apply to the ground, the more ground you will gain.

The idea beind the better clutch is it grabs harder, faster and KEEPS holding. Some stock clutches slip a little when the power band hits and you don't even notice it unless you know how your bike handles exactly. Your clutch will not affect how your bike runs or your powerband, only how well it links the tranny to the crank.

cluch effects the powerband...no clutch no power. Strong clutch and postive traction.

Scott, do you know how a wet clutch works in a banshee? If not, a basic pressure plate compresses against a set of 7 clutch fibers. The tension on the pressure plate is produced by a set of springs. The stiffer the springs the more pressure it puts against the clutch plates.

So, if you have a stock clutch with stock plates and stock springs it will have less pressure against the clutches to keep it from breaking loose and spinning. A little thicker clutch plate with a better composite and stiffer springs on it will stick better. Also remember that the stiffer the springs the stiffer the clutch pull. Hope this helps

cluch effects the powerband...no clutch no power. Strong clutch and postive traction.

Scott, do you know how a wet clutch works in a banshee? If not, a basic pressure plate compresses against a set of 7 clutch fibers. The tension on the pressure plate is produced by a set of springs. The stiffer the springs the more pressure it puts against the clutch plates.

So, if you have a stock clutch with stock plates and stock springs it will have less pressure against the clutches to keep it from breaking loose and spinning. A little thicker clutch plate with a better composite and stiffer springs on it will stick better. Also remember that the stiffer the springs the stiffer the clutch pull. Hope this helps

387297[/snapback]

:headbang::headbang:

387297[/snapback]

Ya every little bit helps...I have the stock clutch with 6 heavy springs.....Anyways,I was just thinking back when I blew my old cluthch a couple of years ago.I started to loose power here and there until it went.For some reason I had it in my mind that the clutch is not working until you pull the leaver.I had it backwords!!