Head Gasket Problem or Not

My friends banshee has T-6 pipes, V-Force2 Reeds, Toomey Alum. Rad.

and last year before he put on the new radiator his shee would run way hot and gurgle in the stock radiator. He rode it that way for awhile before we discovered that the impeller gear had melted to the back of the impeller shaft.

After replacing the radiator and putting in a new impeller

we noticed that it still seems to gurgle in the aluminum radiator and steam is coming out of the radiator overflow hose that ha been re-routed and zip tied to the steering stem about 2

Thank you for your input I will pass that along to him.

So you would just use a gasket scraper and some oven cleaner clean off the old and put on a new head gasket torque the bolts in the right order and call it a day.

Thank you for your input I will pass that along to him.

So you would just use a gasket scraper and some oven cleaner clean off the old and put on a new head gasket torque the bolts in the right order and call it a day.

384520[/snapback]

Most likely there won't be any debris. The head gasket is metal. If there is just use a wire brush.. brass if you have one or tough nylon.

I suggest an oem headgasket , if he has a stock head, compared to aftermarket. The oem has some stuff that will make the headgasket really seal.