yfz shocks

momo20

i have a 1987 shee...as some of you may know i have been doing a lot of work to it lately..kinda like a restore project...overall the bike is in really great shape...the frame is straight..but i want to do something different with the front end as far as shocks go...will the yfz shocks work...like a direct bolt on with little to no modification....i am gonna get the sterring stab. from noss...just want some better shocks..thanks

they wont bolt direclty on but will work with some modification. you have to grind a little of the bottom of the shocks and I think grind the shock mounts a little. they are well worth it for a quick suspension fix, unless you want to go all out and get some works or elkas.

the mod is very easy and yes in my case it made a noticeable difference with and with a little extra polishing you can shine and smooth the piggybacks up LOOKS GREAT!! B) if you need detailed inst. let me know and ill post it w/pics

Edited by champ6966

the mod is very easy and yes in my case it made a noticeable difference with and with a little extra polishing you can shine and smooth the piggybacks up LOOKS GREAT!!  B)      if you need detailed inst. let me know and ill post it w/pics

383892[/snapback]

I would love to see some detailed pictures. I'm getting ready to put mine on and it looks like it would require grinding a lot off the bottom of the shocks. I'm not sure I like that.