ARC MX220v riding boots

dnhyoung

I just recently ordered a pair of the ARC MX220v riding boots from Rockymountain and I'm sending them back.... I originally ordered a size 11 and they were too small. I sent them back and got a pair of size 12. They fit, but are as uncomfortable as hell. I think they molded it for someone with a club foot or something, the arch was in the wrong place, and it pinched my little toes really bad. I know it's the boots because I have a pretty average foot and can go into most shoe stores and 90% of shoes off of the shelf fit just fine.

There is also a definite issue with the overall height in the toe area. while I was trying them on, I sat on the shee to see how they would work if they did have proper fit, and this was horrible as well. I had to rotate my ankle so far forward to fit under the shifter, that it just wasn't practical. I lined them up with my old alpinstars, and noticed there's about an 1 1/2" difference in overall height to the top of the shifting reinforcemnet on the boots.

I did like the fact that they had the ankle pivot point, but overall they felt like trying to wear a pair of moon bots that my parents bought me for the snow when I was 10.

In my opinion these boots get 2 thumbs down... and this pair is headed back to rockymountain...............