Carb has gas spill near intake

after riding it around the track and doing some good jumps i notice some gas leakin from where the carb connects to the reed cage intakes... its not heavy but you can see the excess of it on both carbs... also the upper hose from the STOCK carbs also have noticeable leakage coming from them.. runs good though

:shrugani:

is this a jetting problem .. :wacko:

Edited by NEVER SATISFIED

And while the bowls are off, blow some air through the seat, too.

The correct float height don't mean squat if there's a nice piece of dirt or other object not letting the needle seat properly....

I got my quad after my buddy let it sit for nearly 5 years. There were acutal peices of leaves and junk in the carbs. Gas just poured out of the tubes.

I cleaned up both up, re jetted, cleaned ALL the passages, some with a tiny wire...and whaddaya know...good to go!!

:bolt:

its the other clear tube.. not the blackish brown tube.. the upper clear one

361599[/snapback]

All my fuel lines are transparent green :unsure:

OK, the way my fuel lines are run is I have one that comes down from the petcock that feeds into a "T" connection. From that "T" connection I have a fuel line that runs to each carb. That's it....only other tube in the carb area is the choke tube. Sounds like it may be a good time to replace your fuel lines if they leak :cheers:

its the other clear tube.. not the blackish brown tube.. the upper clear one

361599[/snapback]

If there is gas pouring from the top over flow, you have some problems.

I think its just another over flow from the various passages in the carb, but you either have a stuck float, a float out of adjustment, or some very SMALL debris on the valve seat that the floats connect to. Time to tear them down all the way and clean them well.

Is there gas coming from the bore? I had a float so out of adjustment once that there was gas pouring out of the bore. Great way to burn your bike down.

... ok on my stock carbs.. there is the ones that com from the petcock and t off to the carbs... then there is the choke tube.. neither of those 2... there are 2 others... one is a overflow tube that spills if the float is f'd up.. the other is on the outer part of the carb towards the peg side in the upper vacinity ... on one end it goes to the carb on the other end it just feeds out like the overfill tube... i'll try and find a pic..

If there is gas pouring from the top over flow, you have some problems.

I think its just another over flow from the various passages in the carb, but you either have a stuck float, a float out of adjustment, or some very SMALL debris on the valve seat that the floats connect to. Time to tear them down all the way and clean them well.

Is there gas coming from the bore? I had a float so out of adjustment once that there was gas pouring out of the bore. Great way to burn your bike down.

361610[/snapback]

ok.. man this f'n sucks.. i hate carbs!! i need fuel injection...

either tube on either side will over flow if the bowl gets too full (Float height or debris)

I've taken mine apart enough lately...I should know...:)

There's a drain screw on the bottom each carb, use that. Before you pull it all the way off, tip it to the left then right...it'll spill out of either tube.

I say stuck float, incorrect float height, or debris. Could be a combo of any of 'em.

Correct float height, BTW, is 21 cm, from carb bowl gasket surface to the flat side of the float.

Yeah...Never Satisfied. My buddy pulled the motor out in late 99/early 2000 to give to his buddy, had a new shift shaft put in. Motor sat out of it for about 5 years.

I got it for a steal...and my buddy bought it new in 96. I did all the other work to is since new!!