Gearing help

AnthonyG213

I raced a yfz450 this weekend and rode it . wow! for a four stroke this thing got a good take off full throttle take off on pavement and it would not pop up.

I have t-5 and he had a big gun and he beat me everytime by about 1 quad.

This was a 300 ft dirt drag.

I want to regear my banshee for dunes and dirt to compete with a piped yfz.

I raced a yfz450 this weekend and rode it . wow! for a four stroke this thing got a good take off full throttle take off on pavement and it would not pop up.

I have t-5 and he had a big gun and he beat me everytime by about 1 quad.

This was a 300 ft dirt drag.

I want to regear my banshee for dunes and dirt to compete with a piped yfz.

360743[/snapback]

Tires make a huge difference.I use 4-snows for dirt.They should give you alot of traction.I mean good luck keeping the front end down.They work good on mine.They also expand while accelerating giving you more top end.For 300 ft.,I would use a 12/41 gearing.Launch in 2nd,wide open when you dump the clutch.You may have to build a wheelie bar.I did on mine.You should be able to beat him then.Good luck. :clap:

Edited by RDZ350

If i went to a 12/41 would i need to buy a new chain? how would i tighten it?

361445[/snapback]

Whether or not you have to buy a new chain,depends on the condition of your current chain.If it's stretched at all,you may have to get a shorter one. Try a 13/41.A stock chain will work with a 13/41.The shredders may be better than stock,but 4-snows are better for dirt drags.I used holeshots for a long time,and I thought they worked good.I could not believe the difference in traction with the 4-snows.Mine was ported though.What ever you decide.Go beat that yfz,and have fun doing it.