Getting TORS kit, Idle Screw Help..

Capone

One more:

To prevent the drill bit from hitting the other side of the bore and phucking things up, stick a piece of broom stick or similiar in to the bore, that way when the drill bit breaks through it doesn't hit the other side.

About the drill & tap. I went to the local hardware stores around here, it seems that the closest thing they got to the drill bit mentioned is: 13/64. They said it would almost be identical. Now about the tap.. I didn't see any metric like the ones listed. only thing closest was "1mm-6". I cannot find a 6x.75mm. I assume it would be .75mm(width) and 6(thread?). Thanks.

Also, It seemed like the drillbit was about the same width as the 1mm-6 tap. have I f.cked the carbs up now? Is the whole too wide? This is starting to be the worth the 45 to have it done :angry:

Edited by Shee K

That would be the wrong tap. Metric taps give the thread count in terms of "pitch". in this case, the pitch is .75 MM. That means, that from the peak of one thread, to the peak of the next thread is .75 MM. The 6 is the diameter of the screw that will fit in the hole. Or an "M6". So, M6 x .75MM would be the correct tap. On american taps and threading equipment, we use what's called a threads per inch scale. So a 1/4"-20 would be a 1/4" diameter, and 20 threads per inch. For your application here, Do not use a M6 x 1 tap, or it will be the wrong thread. a 13/64" drill bit would be .203" diameter, and it will be just fine to use. Make sure you use oil on the tap. And make sure you use the correct tap. :cheers:

Ok, again no luck finding this tap. I will pay whatever if you guys got one you do not need anymore. I'm really close to just buying the damn drill & tap pieces from cascade. Please my shee is on ebay and it needs to be running-fast.. thanks.

p.s. I'll even send the tap back.

If Boonman can't find it, I know exactly where mine is.

If he can't, let me know. As long as you pay the Fed Ex Priority shipping, I'll have it out same day priority overnight or however you'd like.

If you can't find the tap locally...it's not worth doing 1/2 ass....I've got the kit from Motion Pro...heck, I'll even send you the drill bit too, just in case.

let me know if Boonman can't get it to you...I'll be happy to oblige. PM me on however I can help.

:headbang:

I have an m6x1, not a .75 I can order one in, and have it here by tomorrow, and get it to you by Wednesday. If this is the way you want to go, let me know. Or, I see that dajogejr can help you out as well. Probably quicker than I can at this point. I would go that route. But, if you want me to get it out to you, let me know and I will order one in....

Yep yep...I have the exact one you need. If you let me know by 10PM tonight...I"ll bring it with me to work tomorrow and fed ex it overnight...as long as you don't mind the 5 or 6 bucks for shipping...estimated...

Edited by dajogejr