Boswell Engineering Carbs

Ok all i bought some 34mm round slide mikuni's modifiedby Boswell Engineering.(off ebay)

Has anyone here heard of this company? It seems they went out of business in the middle 90's.

They are set up to run on a 440 artic cat twin snowmobile.

If no one has heard of this company or how to tune em perhaps i can get a line on a snowmobile message board?

thanks

Edited by Toybreaker

All I can tell you is good luck. I remember when these carbs came out. They are supposed to provide awesome performance, but are a jetting nightmare. If I remember correctly, when I called them to inquire about getting one, I was told to forget virtually everything that I knew about jetting carbs and follow their instruction booklet to the T. The guy claimed huge performance gains but I hate jetting and got a lil skeptical. Then I read a few articles about people going through hell trying to jet them and I kinda lost interest. Just slapped a 46mm Lectron on my bike and went on.

All I can tell you is good luck. I remember when these carbs came out. They are supposed to provide awesome performance, but are a jetting nightmare. If I remember correctly, when I called them to inquire about getting one, I was told to forget virtually everything that I knew about jetting carbs and follow their instruction booklet to the T.  The guy claimed huge performance gains but I hate jetting and got a lil skeptical. Then I read a few articles about people going through hell trying to jet them and I kinda lost interest. Just slapped a 46mm Lectron on my bike and went on.

351234[/snapback]

yeah the write up intrigued me. So i bought them, got the pair for $120.

Just looking for someone else that might have some experience so i don't have to start from scratch. If they perform half as good as they claim my shee is gonna rail! My roommate claims his yfz is faster and i disagree.

I ported my friend craigs cylinders(Pretty muld port job too) and that bike is faster than his 450.

I think I posted to this yesterday and it didn't go through. I looked for about a half hr for those carbs. It's Boswell Energy Systems according to the macdizzy website. There were a couple links about them there but they didn't work for me. I am on a locked up network at work so you may try that. It's under the links page at www.macdizzy.com. I found it through google.

Did a search on Planetsand and came up with a little more info. it answers some questions but creates more. :( i'l take my chances and hope i don't melt a piston.

Edited by Toybreaker