jetting question

82ndracer

whats up everyone? bought my first banshee recently and have had nothing but bad luck. the shee has pro circuit pipes and silencers, vitos pistons at .30 over, v-force reeds and valve setup, pro-design intake. thing is fast as shit, when it runs. i took it to the shop to have inspected and the guy put 280 jets in it? is this too small? it has no low end until it gets into the mid and then screams. it bogs down at the first push of the throttle? i am worried it is getting to hot? i am no mechanic. any tips and info would be great as i am wanting to learn to work on this shit instead of paying the man! thanks by the way i am living in north carolina.

Just got done sorting similar out on mine. 280 sounds about right...but, what are the pilot jets set at?

Stock might not be flowing enough...which are 25.

I'd bet you ned 27.5 Pilots, and then adjust the air screws somewhere between 1.0 to 2.5 turns out...all depends.

Needle in 3rd clip?

Stock carbs...K&N Pod filters/Boyseen Reeds and T5's on mine.

I have 290s now...but, it also 35 to 40 right now...(actually colder at this second...and snowing..>:)

Try the old choke trick. When it's warmed up...pull the choke 1/2 way out, first click. Run better? Pilots/air screw too lean.

Bog down...Pilots/Air Screw too rich.

I feel your pain. I just went through the same thing. I've almost got the bottom end cleaned up...very very close. I think my air screws are at about 1.5 to 2.0 out right now...