Boost Bottle

dajogejr

Bought a boost bottle, for about 22 bucks. No biggie.

I've read they improve throttle response off the bottom...and they sure look cool.

Since I already have it...is it worth putting it on.

My mods:

Toomey 2 into 1 foam w/ outerwear

Boyseen Reeds

And...after this weekend, T5's from a fellow BHQ member.

Next month...Vforce 2 Reed cages/reeds...(I've read the V2's are better than 3s...I think..:)

Should I bother putting the little chrome jug on?

Bought a boost bottle, for about 22 bucks.  No biggie.

I've read they improve throttle response off the bottom...and they sure look cool.

Since I already have it...is it worth putting it on.

My mods:

Toomey 2 into 1 foam w/ outerwear

Boyseen Reeds

And...after this weekend, T5's from a fellow BHQ member.

Next month...Vforce 2 Reed cages/reeds...(I've read the V2's are better than 3s...I think..:)

Should I bother putting the little chrome jug on?

340280[/snapback]

Junk the boost bottle.It's more problems than it's worth!!

you might as well put it on, you have it and not many people buy them so it may be hard to sale for what its worth.. if you were debating whether or not to buy one i would say forget it but.. you did buy it so put it on anyways atleast it would be another shiny part..

most boost bottles are a little larger tubing going into the intakes and it likes to stretch the rubber.....I've heard of it cracking quite a few peoples intakes.

I got a boost bottle I woulda sold ya for 15......

Since you already have it, just put it on. Do not spect HP gains or better throttle response, the stock tube makes the same difference. You do need to have some kind of, let just say, passage way between both carbs for better throttle response at low rpms 4,000-5,000 rpm.

Toomey racing has some info on the theme. Yamha engineers put it for some reason, so do not take it off. :cheers:

Edited by richybanshee

Since you already have it, just put it on. Do not spect HP gains or better throttle response, the stock tube makes the same difference. You do need to have some kind of, let just say, passage way between both carbs for better throttle response at low rpms 4,000-5,000 rpm.

Toomey racing has some info on the theme. Yamha engineers put it for some reason, so do not take it off.  :cheers:

340771[/snapback]

I don't run any tube between the carbs, but I also don't spend much time at 4000 to 6000 rpm