Splitting Engine cases

If the 250r case is a vertical split case like a cr250, you need a case splitter, not a flywheel puller.  Motion pro sells one for 150.

339353[/snapback]

You don't need any kind of special "case splitter"! Just take all the damn bolts out, and take the halves apart. It may require a light love tap from a bubber mallet, but definitely doesn't call for a special "case splitter".

I have split a lot of different cases and I have never had to use any type of tool. Just make sure you have all the blots out, just when you thing you have them all there is one more hiding in the dirt, That brings up one more thing make sure you wash it good before you take them apart. And if all fails just start taking dirty to it, Trust me it loves it.

I made one out of a piece of bar stock 6" x 1 1/2" x 3/4".I spotted off the holes using existing cover bolt holes , lined up the end of the crank , spotted one off dead center and tapped it.It took me about an hour and I've used it numerous times.

I later slotted the holes to allow me to use it on various 125-250 engines.

F-the 150 bucks,make one yourself if you can.Its really not that hard