HELP My quads throttle or carbs get stuck

:flush:

I have a problem whenever i go out in the snow and the quad gets wet the throttle gets stuck... Yet the the cable comes back it seems as if the carbs stay open an the engine gets stuck at that RPM... Today i went riding and as soon as i hit a puddle the throttle got stuck... While i am riding i either have to turn the quad off or pust the throttle again and the throttle will ususally let off.

what should i do i tried cleaning them out and had the same problem

thanx

Yeah its those dam stock carbs mine stuck all the time till i got rid of them, one time belive this story or not( i got witnesses) i took me shee for a spin around the yard so i come back up to let my freind take it around once so when i put it in nuetral the idle just went nuts it went to id say 11000 rpms and was just screaminso i hit the killswitch it didnt do a dam thing, shut off the gas did nothing, pulled the spark plug caps off -this is where it really gets me it did nothing, by this time my freinds were runnin like hell becuase we all thought it was gonna blow up, so all i do is touch the throttle and it idles down then dies. Anyway even tho there was no point in thelling that story i have nothing to do

Hey Banshee man I believe you,same thing happend to me,but on an old dt 250,we did eveything,shut the fuel of,take the sparkplug caps off,and got a good shock at the time,even mess with the throttle.I did'nt know what to do,I was running away from it,so it wont explode on me.then i put my had over the Carb and finally died. :bolt:

Banshee man, I put a thread on here earlier this year about a scenerio like that. Thats caused by low octane fuel and high compression. The compression of the air gas mixture actually detonates itself, therefor no longer needing spark. Switch to good shell or quality 93 octane gas, if this don't work...look into race fuel, 108+ octane.

btw, the revving it was doing wasn't actually rpm's. it just sounds like it. it was only turning about the same rpm as idle turns, the sound was just alot different. =)

Edited by VitoBanshee