New Paint Idea?

Capone

Has anyone ever used testors model paint to paint their plastics? Just wondering if that would stick better than normal paint.?

Here's my scheme:

I'm going to paint my frame, or get it powder coated, either way I want a candle apple red/burgandy effect. I'm going with silver plastics, (I got blue meier plastic now, hopefully I can paint it ok).. I'm going to paint rims, carbs, cases to match frame, then chrome the side covers. maybe a polished swingarm will come after that... Any inputs appreciated, thanks!

Has anyone ever used testors model paint to paint their plastics? Just wondering if that would stick better than normal paint.?

Here's my scheme:

I'm going to paint my frame, or get it powder coated, either way I want a candle apple red/burgandy effect. I'm going with silver plastics, (I got blue meier plastic now, hopefully I can paint it ok).. I'm going to paint rims, carbs, cases to match frame, then chrome the side covers. maybe a polished swingarm will come after that... Any inputs appreciated, thanks!

332630[/snapback]

Dude If I were you I would use Krylon Fusion. It's going to be the best thing for your plastics.

Dude If I were you I would use Krylon Fusion.  It's going to be the best thing for your plastics.

333242[/snapback]

I've looked everywhere for silver fusion, no place carries it. Any idea where I can get some?

I've looked everywhere for silver fusion, no place carries it. Any idea where I can get some?

333319[/snapback]

That's so funny, I said the exact same thing to another guy on the forum when I was looking for Silver. I don't know why it's so damn hard to find but I finally found 3 cans at ACE Hardware. Do you have ACE Hardware in your area? The name of the color is "nickel shimmer".

sweet. yea there are a couple of ace's around here. Thanks for the headsup.. have you painted yet? if so, how does the paint act? I heard it was harder painting meier plastics...?

Edited by VitoBanshee