how does this sound?

sheeboy94

My mods are in my sig and i will start racing in may and want to know do i have the right setup for mx racing, the track i will be racing at is 1st through 4th gear. I also just got holeshot mxr4's on all four i got 18" rear 20 front, and also plan to get a timing plate set at +4, lightened flywheel, and -2.5 swinger, is this a good setup, also has anyone ran these tires on a -2 swinger, how did they hook up, also with my mods, i am running 13/43 gearing, should i change after i do my mods, or stay the same, will my tires still spin with this gearing and the -2 ? Any tips on what else i need or should do to my bike for mx would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

you sound pretty much ready if you ask me. two things though. do you have an axle to match the front track width? and do you have a reworked rear? two semi valuable investments. the rest is gold.

Edited by therail

i think the axle can wait. but it adds stability. by reworked rear, i mean having your rear shock revalved and resprung for your weight and suspension setup. its really quite reasonable, you should look into it. waaaay cheaper than a new one for sure.

no dont have it resprung or for my wait, what will this do? I just stuck my a-arms on with works shocks, and i think i need to adjust them or something, it sits what i think is to low, but not flat racer low, but lower, and my rear is higher than my front end, is this because my rear shock needs to be a little softer?

i think the axle can wait. but it adds stability. by reworked rear, i mean having your rear shock revalved and resprung for your weight and suspension setup. its really quite reasonable, you should look into it. waaaay cheaper than a new one for sure.