Stupid Mtn. Bike

Wallrat

So I decide to take my mtn. bike out for a cruise today since I've been itching to go riding - don't really care what I'm riding at this point. Mind you I haven't ridden the thing in a year and I haven't ridden any REAL trails in 5+ years. I took it pretty easy at first and after a couple miles I was riding along a little pathway with a drainage ditch on my right and a fairly steep little 10 foot drop on my left. I spotted a couple walking their 2 rather large dogs towards me so to avoid any issues I decided to just bail off of the path and drop down onto the other trails to my left. I was moving pretty good at about 17 mph or so when I launched myself over the edge. Now on my shee I do this kinda thing all the time at twice that speed when dropping into a bowl. Unfortunately I failed to realize that my bike was about 39" narrower than my shee...

So ya my front tire took off from underneath me and I went down on my right side. Luckily I was able to roll after the initial hit so I only got a tiny bit of roadrash on my right forearm, hip, and knee. The bike did pretty well since it ended up flying into a bush after my pedals came off my shoes. Small bend in the front rim and my steering stem got crooked to the left a little. Couple minutes of trailside repair and I was on my way. Just thought I'd share my little mishap for everyone's amusement. :rotflmao:

omg i woulda died laughing if i was the chick walking the dogs hahahahaha

when my sis was in college she had this huuuge rotweiler (sp? lol) that she used to walk along the bike paths on campus. one day, someone on a bike was coming towards her, not even close to her, or close to being close to her...guess the dog freaked him out cause he saw her and got all shaken and took a major digger lmfao i wish i coulda seen it.

:rotflmao:

Oh I'm not worried about dogs. I used to read electric meters so I've squared off against pitts, rotts, dobes, you name it...I've just found that most dog owners are morons when it comes to their pet and if a dog comes after me, its going to lose. So usually I just avoid the situation altogether.