New 34mm PJs wont idle?

KEVSWS6

Just put on my new 34mm PJs. Bike fires right up and runs good but will not idle. These carbs have no idle screw that lifts the slider. Its a twist on the choke lever. I think it works by cutting off the air as you twist it?? Just like the air screw??

Any one have any ideas how to make these carbs idle. 55 pilot, main 152, needle CEG middle clip. Should of got the PWK carbs!

Turn both the idle/choke screw all the way in (clockwise) them back them out a little at a time until you get the idle speed you want.

I have clamp on filters and my pilots are 58 with 185 main jets, can't remember the needles I have in right now but I took out the CEL's

I have a set of 34mm Kehein PJ's on bike with 45 pilots and i think 150 mains. To get my bike to idle properly I had to turn them all the way in and back them out 21 clicks! I have been running these carbs like this for over a year and them work great.

Turn both the idle/choke screw all the way in (clockwise) them back them out a little at a time until you get the idle speed you want.

I have clamp on filters and my pilots are 58 with 185 main jets, can't remember the needles I have in right now but I took out the CEL's

Wow! Thats huge and I dont say that to just anybody! I've never run pilots that big. That works for you? Stock needles in the PJs I bought at Alba are CEG. I couldnt get this thing to idle at all. I bought some smaller pilots today (45s and 42s). If these dont work I'll go up.

Thanks guys!

I have a set of 34mm Kehein PJ's on bike with 45 pilots and i think 150 mains. To get my bike to idle properly I had to turn them all the way in and back them out 21 clicks! I have been running these carbs like this for over a year and them work great.

I ride mostly at sea level. Glamis. How about you?

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know why the PJ's weren't idling. Make sure you unplug your TORS black box that your stock carbs use. I know rookie mistake. My bike now idles best with 52 pilots. About 40 clicks out on the adjuster.

My first ride showed it lean in the upper midrange and wide open. I was prepared to go smaller on jets but not larger. Who would of thought I would need more gas with these new bigger carbs. Alba said jetting was set up for their ported banshee motors. Most fudge on the large side.

So back out next weekend with fatter jets to see what she can do!

On a side note my Blaster port job rips!

It's been so many years since I put my carbs on I forgot about the black box.

BTW, I am using DGL needles in mine

282276[/snapback]

You really have a fat set up! You are running some big jets and thin needles. Have you had the bike on a dyno? Nice web page. I didn't see any pictures on your port job. Was it just a clean up job are did you really do some work on it?