Update on my baby ninja and the shee

Have almost 1000 miles and loving that little bike. Talk about a fun little ride!! I have never in my life rode a bike that handles as well as it does. I have been checking out ninja 250 riders club and I must say that site is no comparrison to the good ole HQ.

With gas prices hovering around 2 bucks a gallon I am loving the 70+ mpg I am getting with the 250 ninja. My only regret is that I didnt buy it in the spring because now it is getting chilly and I could have saved alot of gas money this summer along with enjoying riding.

Now the shee....I finally had my buddy follow me to see how fast my shee would top out at. It did 82 mph. He said the rear tires (Kenda Rampages) looked like dragster tires when they do a burnout. All I know is that shee had one hell of a shake anything past 75 mph. I thought I could accelerate out of it but no go.After about a few miles of W.O.T. I lost a cylinder. She fell right on her face and I just knew I finally blew a top end. I limped her home on one cylinder and the first thing I did was a compression test. 125 and 130. I lucked out. Right before I did the run I framed her out in some mud. I rinsed her off real good then did the top speed run. Come to find out water got up into one of the spark plug boots and when it dried it left a little corrosion in there not allowing for good contact. After cleaning the contact in the boot and the tip of the plug the shee runs as new.

I still want to race the shee against the ninja. For a 250 the ninja is pretty quick (0-60 5.5 seconds) but it just feels like the shee will beat it 0-60. The only problem is that I dont know anybody I trust to hop on my bike and thrash it like that. Same as the shee, I dont know anybody who knows my shee as good as I do and who can get the most out of it like I can. All my riding buddies have 4 chokes and are numb to a 2 stroke. If I race them it has to be a fair deal,getting the most out of each.

Anyway I havent been posting much lately and just wanted to fill everybody in.

Edited by BansheeJerry

Yeah, having a bike rules during the summer with those gas prices.. I run my 900RR about 100 miles or so before filling up, and even putting premo in it never takes more than like 2.5 gallons or so, so like $5-6 worth of gas at the most. Looking to get a smaller run-around bike for next spring and summer, like an XR400 or something. :)