Steering Wobble at Speed

I am trying to solve a steering wobble problem that occurs at 35 mph and above, antime I get on a smooth dirt road and have the opportunity to open her up alittle...I've just recently purchased this machine and am new to 4 wheelers in general. Is there any online resources available that might give instruction on wheel/tire balancing and alignment procedures? I took it out for a ride yesterday with the front plastic removed, but that didn't give me any clearer idea of what might be causing this. The tie rod ends seem to have about the same amount of threads showing and I've given the wheels a shake to see if some bearing might need replacing, but it's still a mystery to me..Thanx for your time Banshee Buds..I'm really new at this and maybe old farts such as myself just shouldn't play on Banshees..lol

ok..one last question...how do you check the alignment on one of these beasts? Is each measurement referenced against the center of the frame (the steering stem for instance)?. I figgered that you need a little bit of toe in and that could be measured/sdjusted with some careful time spent with a tape measure...or is there a special way of doing this? Sorry to be such a pain about this..I'm thinking that if 4 wheelers just behave like this, I'd be seeing more posts about the problem, and since you don't see that many posts, something must be wrong here and it's just a matter of stickin with it to get it resolved. For the fella that was askin earlier, I'll be 48 next month...I know, I know...once the Parkinsons sets in the front end wobble will prolly go away...lol Take care and thanx again! ~Ed

I'm guessing the tires also. If you can't find any loose tie rod ends or loose ball joints it has to be in the tires or something wrong with the rims. Like said above, slime can cause that and it's not a good idea to add it to a high speed machine like a banshee.

As far as the alingment just have the handle bars straight, measure from one wheel to the next on the tread. Do this on the front and back of the front wheels. They should be parallel or the fronts can be say 1/16th or 1/8th of an inch closer than the back of the front tires. If this is not the case loose the tie rod locking nuts and rotate the tierods to adjust.

They don't need to be super super perfect. That won't cause the wobble.

Also, make sure your axle and swingarm bearing are good. You shold not be able to see the axle or swingarm move back and forth if you grab the grab bar and pull left and right on the machine. I had a guy that was great with suspension tell me if the trouble feels like it's in the front adjust the back. Sometimes that can be the case with trouble like this. Just check to make sure. Sounds like you really do have something going on with the tires though. 35mph is where you see unbalanced car tires start to bounce too.

Thanx folks....between your postys and some alignment info I got from tips and tricks, I got my weekend cut out for me..lol I've been alittle suspect of the front wheel balance all along, but I need to do the things you folks have advised before I run out and buy new meats...Thanx for the help...I'm beginning to see why these monsters are sooo addicting..lol

You betcha...I've always been a firm believer in passing along good info...I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress with this..and thanx again folks..I really appreciate all of your help with this!