I WANT TO RIDE!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to love Florence, a little bit of everything, nice hills good sand, throw in a couple jumps and a trail or two makes for the perfect day......anyway, that is my riding place of choice, but I really want to ride at Winchester, never been there before and i hear the dunes are huge and something about Banshee Hill....? It's kinda sad, i've been riding over there since I was about 8... I would have made it to Winchester at least once.

Is it worth it?

RJ :cheers:

It's definitely worth it. I love going there in the winter because the dunes are even steeper then in the summer

Winchester is the smallest area on the oregon coast to ride 20 miles south horsfall and spinreel are imo the best dunes anywhere besides glamis. Hope to be there in the next couple weeks! banghead

:clap:

Weve got a track and trails close by , but the Badlands in Attica Indiana is the coolest

place I've been yet. Probably equals a sand trap in the local golf course to you "real"

dune guys but we take what we can get in the midwest :lol: Its got I think 700 acres

of sand , pea gravel, woods ,and swamp. www.badlandsoffroad.com

Anyone close know of more riding areas? Wisconsin , Iowa ?

[quote name=rjvoight' date='Oct 7 2004, 07:00 PM

Is it worth it?

RJ :cheers: [/quote]

It's definitely worth it. I love going there in the winter because the dunes are even steeper then in the summer

I agree, it is definately worth it and you will love Banshee Hill :headbang: It is a straight STEEP shot up a hill with a nice curve at the top. REMEMBER it only goes one way so make sure no one is coming up while you are going down. I've seen some nasty ass collisions there and the only way out is straight down :o Winchester is a little small for my liking, but they do have some big big dunes. Choice of ride is definately Florence

:dance::cheers:

You guys are funny banshee hill is easy compred to what it was 10 years ago and it was still easy then, Let me take you to spinreel and let you go down a couple with no bottom except for water and there is only one way out, ride it or drag it! :headbang:

I've been to spinreel 2 times and never made it to horsefall cuz of some mechanical problems one of the guys was having with his raptor. But, I rode the spinreel area for a good two days worth and I was not that impressed. Real average dunes and I never really found a lot of tree shots or hills that went down by any water at all. Granted, I don't know the area and never had a chance to really go and explore. It was a big group with a lot of newbies....is it really better than Florence? I know it is longer but it seems pretty narrow....

RJV :shrugani:

I have ridden these dunes for 15 years, you guys are riding right by the holeshots and not even knowing it it is the largest area on the oregon coast and if you like big air it is the spot. Have you not noticed most of the people at winchester and florence are old? Do you jump at all? I have heard a hundred people tell the same story as you later only to eat their words. Have fun at winchester and florence a couple less idiots to land on! :yank:

I have ridden these dunes for 15 years, you guys are riding right by the holeshots and not even knowing it it is the largest area on the oregon coast

I am not sure where you are talking about. Directions and do you have any pictures of the area?

this is what inspires me to get riding again. pic from my family's camp in northern maine. we used to ride here a lot when we were kids, lots of trails, and that lake is BAD ASS in the winter with the snowmobiles.

that remind me of here, that only happens rarly though i think its known as "summer" but we never get a decent "summer" here, it sucks!

yeah i really want to go out riding! but im waiting on a stator. :( i miss riding om my shee!!!!! :cry:

I have ridden these dunes for 15 years, you guys are riding right by the holeshots and not even knowing it it is the largest area on the oregon coast and if you like big air it is the spot. Have you not noticed most of the people at winchester and florence are old? Do you jump at all? I have heard a hundred people tell the same story as you later only to eat their words. Have fun at winchester and florence a couple less idiots to land on! :yank:

Wow, we've got a regular dune guide here! Sorry buddy, didn't know you would be so sensitive to your riding territory. I guess all of us rookies who don't jump will keep to Florece and Winchester Bay.

Please don't land on us! :yank::yank::yank::bolt:

I appreciate it spode! The old folks are easier for you to keep up with anyway! :headbang:

So you are not going to tell me where it is.............fine.

RJV