My BanShee has BLOWED UP. HELLLLLP!

Ok, I wasn't knocking the Banshee in the description cause I would rather hang out with my dead Shee than with my friends knocking it while on their 4 Bangers. Anyway, Unless I need to give any information on my mod's let me know cause I will just try to make this short. My 01 Shee has been running awesome the way I have it set up. I was goofing off while a friend of mine was stopped in front of me. I pulled the front brakes like I have done several times from a stop and just started rooting the dirt up for maybe a second. I then took off and my Shee started running like Sheeit. One side started popping/blowing back. I was able to make it back on one cylinder. I started the process of elimination when I got home. It wasn't the plug (even though the new one had a slight small purple spark). The k/n's were recharged (which I don/t think mattered), The front seal on the problem side of the exhaust blew out, I checked my carb and it was fine, I pulled my V Force Reed out and one of them was ripped in I guess from the blow back, it imploded to the inside and forwards. Shee was getting gas. I get alot of great information from these forums but this one has me dumb founded. The opposite side is fine but gets hot with the handicap of the other side. The only thing is I don't have is an ohm meter and I was wondering if the side I'm having the problem with is because the coil is cutting out for one side or if it could be my cdi. Please email me at Seven5959@aol.com with some possibilities or leave me a reply. I rely on these forums before questioning anyone. I didn't list all the mod's cause this thing has been running awesome and I figured I eliminated everything but the cdi or the coil. Thank Yall in advance.........BanShee777

Rest assured, it's not your CDI or coil. Why? The coil fires both plugs at the same time, so your dead cylinder (And your good cylinder for that matter) is getting a spark at BDC and at TDC. (bottom dead center and top dead center) So, if 1 cylinder has spark, both the coil and cdi are still good. That does not rule out a wire problem to the dead cylinder, but if the wire were bad, there would be no spark at all to that side.

Sounds like you have something else going on. Possibly you developed a base gasket leak or a leak around the carbs. Backfires can happen. When they do, you usually lose your reeds on that side. Sounds like you need to tear down the top end to try to identify and rectify the cause. At the least, pull the head off and check out the tops of the pistons.

Let me know what you find.

Gunner

Performance Tech.

Jackson Perofrmance Laboratory