ALKY!

snowprophet1

I know most people don't stay w/the stock carbs when switching to alky, but this will be my starting point. 1) I need to know if the alky can flow into the carbs fast enough w/stock gravity feed and needle and seats, or if I need to put on a fuel pump and drill bigger or replace w/a bigger needle and seat? 2) If I'm running NGK B8ES, do I need to close the gap or run a different plug? 3)What ratio do I mix the alky/oil 40:1? Here is my current setup: compression 145psi+, adv 4degrees, ported, stock carbs w/UFOs, 20P, needle clip 2nd from top, 390 mains, twin K&Ns. This setup runs about 1240*F on egts and pulls harder and runs better times than when leaned down to 1375*F. I know the egts sounded high, but probe placement is about 9" from piston edge. Underside of pistons aren't even discolored. Any tips on changing the stock carbs to alky appreciated!!! Marc. :P

Edited by snowprophet1

I have mine converted, and oval bored to a 29mm. Work awesome.

1000ft .118'ish on the mains- need to dial in. Stock pilots,Stock needle, middle groove. Clamp ons, timing +5 timing.

I run gravity feed pingle valve, with a good large fuel line.

I also run B9 plugs, usually the race types- with the small electrodes. Gapped at .018.

Its a normal carb boring, to 27.5 if I remember correctly. Then they took the bore up into the slide area to get a little more flow area out of them. Its the only set I have seen like them- and I love em.

Im sure if this bike doesnt sell soon, I will end up gettting some bigger ones down the road- my Passion motor is going to want ALOT more.

i'll post a pic tonite when i get home.

a powerjet is essentially an extra main jet. they are adjustable so you can either richen it up or lean it out as needed. you run a powerjet so that you do not have to run as large a main jet. they only flow fuel at pretty much full throttle.