porting

the Banshee kid

depends on what u want done a 350 alky drag port will run u about 600 or so if u dont get the triple exhaust ports but if u get those then its about another 300 added on cuz of the extra machine work it involves but the money u spend is well worth it cuz how many other 350's do u know run 4.20's or better in 300' dirt drags on stock fram bikes i can name about 10-20 that i know of that dan ported and run these numbers

When I was porting my motor it came down to two builders really, K&T and Passion. At the time Passion was still growing from a small company to what they are now- I chose Passion over K&T for several reasons.

Jim at PRE talked to me about my motor, set-up, chassis, track, tuning capabilities, etc etc. He wanted to know it all before he started grinding away at my cyls- I found that much more comforting than someone saying "send me your cyls and x amount of money and i'll send em back ported." I personally think its important for builder/buyer communications- everyone knows what is goin on with the motor.

Drag motors arent cheap, just remember you get what u pay for, but u can pay to much for to little.

well i dont know nothin about passions cept that u guys on here have motor done by him but dan has posted the fastest mph at glamis goin on 3yrs now so that says alot and as far as his customer service i cant complain he is a lil hard to get ahold of and all but he pretty much runs the whole show himself as well as races his personal bikes he has helped me with jetting chassis setup and so on since day one and everything he has said to try has helped me out he got me running from 7.20 1/8miles to 6.80 1/8 mile drags in about 3 weeks and he says i should get a lil more out of my lil 350 motor. as for his location he is in mason michigan which is pretty close to lansing michigan

Everyone will have there own opinion on who is the best. I personally have a K&T built motor and a Patriot Racing built motor. I like K&T as my builder, no disrespect to Dan. There are other that may like A&S, Packard, or Port Magic and so forth. The fact is that all the builders talked about have good reputations and build fast bikes. You should give them all a call and talk to them about what you want, time schedule, pricing and reliability.

yea no disrespect to other builders bro but dan is just my go to guy we have 4 other motors that rudy kurtz built and a few k&t motor and they all haul ass so really like u said its personal prefrence to an extent but the most popular names u here are dan hull,rudy kurtz,dennis packard, and kim muchmore and a few others along the way

dan has posted the fastest mph at glamis goin on 3yrs now

Not looking to get into a pissing match, but this statement is simply not true....No disrespect to Dan - A/S Racing, I'm sure they build a fine engine.

ive never been to glamis but from what everone has said on turkey day and the last big event at glamis and so on that dan has posted the fastest mph up the hill u can check on planetsand if u wanna but im sure we will all know who the man is when they got to rocky point in a few weeks lol dennis packard is supposed to run his big twin lethal weapon against all the other triple cylinder bikes so im sure that is gonna be some good heads up racing at rocky point